World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
bumble

Scared and stuck at home

bumble

I'm a late blooming college student and scared about how this will affect my future. The career I am pursuing requires strenuous physical activity and I've read that I'm supposed to "take it easy" and get lots of rest regularly to keep my cold sores from coming back. I don't want to take it easy. I want to have long shifts and expend my creative energy the way I was born to. I'm really angry about this. I contracted Herpes Simplex from my mother, who was very irresponsible while I was growing up. She gave it to me at age 5. I rarely get outbreaks. The one I'm currently experiencing is really bad. I have huge sores in the corners of my mouth and have skipped 2 classes. The school semester just began. I'm a 4.0 student and have never missed class before. I'm scared. My face is all tingly and new ones keep trying to sprout up. I've got so much petroleum product on my lips that they're turning white. I don't want to go to urgent care because the doctors in urgent care are often shitty with little bedside manner. I'm afraid they'll just tell me it will heal up on its own. I remember my mother getting bell's palsy from this. :madd:

blinky123

If its any constellation, I have H2 and I have not slowed down (in fact this is the first I've herd of it) and I am a professional Athlete. Stress however does bring on OB's for me, but thats not for everyone!

Don't go to the Urgent Care, go find a regular Doc that you can talk to and maybe he will give you a prescription to help slow down the virus.

Don't waste your energy being angry, your going to be fine!! :D