World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
lookingforanswers123

Nerve Damage from herpes / testing

lookingforanswers123

I was exposed to HSV1 & 2 almost 16 months ago. Since then I have tested 9X with all sorts of test all type specific all negative the most recent one was at the 10 month mark. I am planning on going for a another IgG test soon. The Last test I took was a western Blot. I know most peoplw here will say take the results and run however I still have been experiencing symptoms.

symptons are extreme skin sensitivity on right thigh. I had a sore on my lip line where the thing acted like a coldsore but I could not get it cultured. I never saw any clear fluid come out of it. I did eventually squeeze it to no availe and then the next day squeezed it again to have puss, blood and then a clear fluid come out.

The skin around my lip where this sore was tends to be sensitive everyday. It starts off fine in the morning and by night it is so pronounced that is all I can focus on. My partner of 20 + years has recently had what appears to be a cold sore and in 20+ years with her have never seen one before.

She will not go to get tested. I am so depressed not to be able to figure this out. I have been to derms, uro, neuro, std clincs, etc. I am physically and mentally drained. I even did swabbing when there was no out breaks for a week and nothing showed up. Could this be anxiety? Why so much physical pain? I think it is HSV1 which the test are not as sensitive too. 10 % of the people will never show posiitve on the test who are. I am feeling like I am one of them.

Terri Warren said the other day most herpes cases are Atypical that is why they are so hard to diagnose.

Sweet7

I used to get sores like that on my lip on my face. I thought they were cold sores but I am HSV-1 neg. After getting HSV-2, I do believe that my HSV-1 test is accurate because I have had a really difficult time with HSV 2. After my HSV 2 diagnosis, I got another one of those sores that I thought were cold sores, but it was a bacterial infection. It sounds to me like that's what you have. Have you tried an antibiotic or antibiotic cream? I'm not sure about the skin sensitivity on the thigh. HSV causes tingling or burning sensations. As far as pain, I've had the pain shooting from my tailbone so bad that I couldn't walk for about 10 minutes. I have also woke up in the middle of the night with it. It's very painful twinges. The tissue around my tailbone stays tender quite a bit as well. As far as Atypical, that means they don't have symptoms. It's hard to diagnose something if there is no symptoms. Sounds like you got some anxiety going on. One way to find out is to possibly take antivirals for a little while and see if your symptoms get better or go away. If they do, then maybe your right, but for your sake, I hope your wrong.

camomile
I was exposed to HSV1 & 2 almost 16 months ago. Since then I have tested 9X with all sorts of test all type specific all negative the most recent one was at the 10 month mark. I am planning on going for a another IgG test soon.

She will not go to get tested. I am so depressed not to be able to figure this out. I have been to derms, uro, neuro, std clincs, etc. I am physically and mentally drained. I even did swabbing when there was no out breaks for a week and nothing showed up. Could this be anxiety? Why so much physical pain? I think it is HSV1 which the test are not as sensitive too. 10 % of the people will never show posiitve on the test who are. I am feeling like I am one of them.

Terri Warren said the other day most herpes cases are Atypical that is why they are so hard to diagnose.

I think, it's difficult when your wife (?) is reluctant to accept your concern and take it on board.

imho, sexual health clinic would have sufficed covering all the major tests for hiv, syph, hsv-s, chlamydia, g etc.

sounds to me, it's some kind of ordinary abscess. H ob won't emit puss all at once like a large pimple or a boil would do when you try to squeeze it out.

I doubt if "atypical" one would be difficult to diagnose. There are usual tests for H and any other sti's by the same token.

Jewel

I was told that I had Rosacea. They gave me some cream I put it on my lip line and face for about a month. Anyway, it seems to have gone away. I had itching, burning on the face. I don't believe it's Rosacea. I don't know if it's HSV-1 orally. I also started Valtrex daily around that time because I know I have it "down there" and I was having to many outbreaks a year.

So, I don't know what's going on.