World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
brianspreggersangel

needing advice pregnant with herpes 2 csection or natural birth preg. mothers welcom

brianspreggersangel

hey everyone! im 18 and pregnant with my first child. i am needing advice about delivery of my child. im due oct 14. who has had a natural child birth and had herpes 2? does you child have it or not?

smithconfused

I'm GHSV2 positive and had a natural vaginal birth. My daughter is healthy and does not have it. Just talk with your health care team about your concerns. If there is no indication for csection, most likely the doctor will allow you to have a vaginal delivery. I took valtrex daily starting at 24 weeks and did not have any signs of an outbreak during delivery.

Please feel free to private mssg me if you have questions. Good luck! and Enjoy your pregnancy.

Fairy dust

Hi Brianspreggersangel

First of all , Congratulations on your pregnancy!!!

I too have type 2 and gave birth to both of my children vaginally. My second was born during an OB which was not ideal and rather painful but she was fine (I was not on any meds) - the docs put her on Acyclovir for a couple of weeks just in case but because I had had H for 17 years they were were not overly worried as I would have antibodies in my blood which would have been passed to my daughter.

From what I have heard, it is only really a problem if you have your first ob when due to give birth but obviously I would advise you to check with your Doc!

Anyway, I hope it all goes well for you and I look forward to seeing your post when you let us know that you have had your baby!!

Take care x