World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
kk90

im scared

kk90

i was diagnosed in the emergency room... i thought it was just a yeast infection. they ran a test just to make sure. I was still in such denial. when i got the phone call a couple days later all they told me was to continue taking the medicine prescribed and to get in touch with my primary physician. they didnt tell me what kind i had or what i should do until that moment. for the most part ive been on my own tryin to figure all this out. the general information is out there but i still have so many questions. im scared. idk what im looking for or what to expect or how to handle this. besides the drugs they prescribed me. they gave me meds for the pain that might come along (that definitely did) but i couldnt continue taking them. they helped with the pain but they made me sick and i couldnt function. i dont want to do that every outbreak. im so so scared.

db8trgirl

the first outbreak is always really rough. it does get better though. I've had it for over a year, and that first few months is a real bummer. The pain sucks. There are a few tricks that i learned when I first found out and would be glad to share. It is tough but that is why this website is here. Don't forget that we are all here for you. i would definitely advise you to keep taking the suppression meds. and see if food doesn't help if you need the pain med. The suppression drugs were making me sick when i first started and food helped a lot. :)

kk90

i hope it gets better... the first outbreak was really rough. any thing you could share to help would be appreciated.

db8trgirl

Well if the break out is located on your labia, like mine is, it hurts to urinate during a break out. I went on a site that said to pull it aside but you have the risk of getting it on your fingers. I use sandwich bags with out the zipper to cover my hands and then fold it in on itself and throw it away. It is less suspicious than gloves and is also cheaper.

Um.... I use a hair dyer to dry the area instead of towel which can hurt. It helps if you keep it on cool.

I don't wear underwear when I sleep with a breakout. It keeps it dry.

I don't wear jeans on my breakout. Knit pants work awesome, and allow breathing.

Ice packs help with the pain. Place between my legs over my knit pants for a few mins. Never to long.

Hope this helps.

kk90

thank you so much. i hope i can figure all this out soon. im still tryin to search for signs that another breakout and what things i should be avoiding... *sigh. i hope this all gets easier

db8trgirl

It does. You just have to be aware of your body. :) It will get better as time goes on.

SublimeBeauty

I totally understand what your saying. I was diagnosed Valentines Day. I have never experienced anything so uncomfortable. I detected the infection by one small lesion on myself and got to the doctors quickly. The week before i had made it to the doctors I thought i had the flu. I had fevers, chills & sweats. My body was aching like i ran ten miles. I had no idea what this virus was capable of and certainly never thought it would be a concern of mine. I am really glad I found this site, and surely will be using it for information and advise. Being educated on the subject has really brought my mind to rest. I am so grateful

username1

why go through all this trouble? Do you have about 20-30 bucks on you? is there a vitaminne shoppe in your area? i'm sure there is. you can buy it online also. I used oil of oregano. It is the best out there. Just rub it down there with some olive oil and you will pee normally. You can rub it on the base of your spine daily with some olive oil daily for about 3 months. I have been doing it since my diagnosis. also one drop under my toungue. try it. you probably won't be posting back here because all of your problems associated with hsv will be gone after you take the oil of oregano.

db8trgirl

;DHmmm. I had never heard that type of treatment, actually. It sounds like it would definitely be worth the try. :D

username1

I haven't heard of it too until a few days after I went to the ER and did a little research of my own. just make sure it says "oil of oregano p73" :) you can get really any brand just make sure the bottle is "p73". mine's is just the vitaminne shoppe brand, and i don't even take any other drugs from the pharmacy. all one needs for hsv 2 or hsv1 is oil of oregano. i hope that when they do diagnose people, they give them some information on OOO because it really is nature's gift. By the way i'm eating peanuts, cookies, i drank 3 sodas today, and drink a soda everyday, tea with sugar, you name it, pizza, junk food, and no outbreak, zero, zilch. save the money that you would spend for your doctor's fees and pharmacy meds and do yourself a favor and buy the oil of oregano. i never regretted doing that.

db8trgirl

What does the research say on it's effect on the shearing of viruses? I know the drugs help with it but does OOO?

username1

I haven't found research stating its effect on shedding of viruses, but since it's an antiviral and i heard that it can sterilize sewage water: "In 1995, researchers at the University of Thessaloniki in Greece, proved that a 1/4000 dilution of wild oregano could sterilize sewage water. In a study completed by Georgetown University professor, Harry Preuss MD, it was found that oil of oregano's germ-killing properties were comparable to antibiotic drugs, such as penicillin, at killing Staphylococcus bacteria. In 2000, in the Journal of Applied Microbiology, it was proved that "oil of oregano had antibacterial activity against 25 different bacteria." A study completed by the University of Tennessee in 2001 reported that oil of oregano was the most effective plant oil for treatment against pathogenic bacteria such as E.coli and staph."

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/186836-oil-of-oregano-treatment/#ixzz1EdbCU5E6

Since my sex buddy has hsv 2 I really couldn't say, but it might be the case. One could use as a lubricant OOO with some olive oil and rub it all around down there. Just a thought.