World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
redbear

Just found out I have...

redbear

Hello all,

Yesterday I found out I have genital herpes. I have sores that hurt/sting so bad. It's hard to walk and especially hard to pee and shower. I've cried several times from the pain. It hurts physically and emotionally. I got it from my boyfriend. He's a faithful and extremely supportive guy. He just gets cold soars once in a blue moon and we didn't know I could get infected by him. I was given Acyclovir by my doctor and started taking 3 a day. I hope it heals my sores as soon as a possible. I'm a college student and it's unbearable walking so I'm not able to go to any of my classes. This is my first outbreak and I was told they're normally the worst. I hope this is true b/c I don't know how I'm gonna deal with the pain all my life. For those who've taken Acyclovir, how long did it take for the sores/blisters to heal?

downunderblues

Hi redbear,

The first outbreak is definitely the worst, or at least that was true for me. I was also on Acyclovir and if memory serves correctly, it took at least a week or close to two, though clear up I'm guessing varies for everyone. I am new to this site like you are, and so sorry to hear you are also going through an outbreak. :( It will not always be this bad. In four years I have had about four outbreaks. It's important to try and minimize stress in your life, which is what I'm attempting to do now by staying in tonight.

autumndirks

Stay Strong redbear! Downunderblues is right, the first outbreak is the worst. But acylovir works wonders. I was prescribed it during my outbreak.