World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
redd

My new girlfriend just told me last night

redd

Well, it came as a shocker to me last night because we were both about 95% naked when she bluntly said 'I have herpes' (hsv2). Wasn't sure if this was a really bad choice for a safe word or not LOL, but she was serious. I appreciate her honesty. It sort of killed the mood, but not how I feel for her.

The problem is, our relationship is not monogamous. I am willing to take those risks with my sexual health (I have read all the things I should do, and she takes Valtrex, etc.) but I am confused now about how to handle the other 2 women in my life. None of these other women expect me to be monogamous. What should I do, I have never faced this situation before? Should I simply abstain from sex altogether with the infected partner? This sucks, looking for advice.

Wishing Well

horrible situation you're in, 3 girls all to yourself!

Personally I wouldn't sleep with the other 2 as in the event 3 infects you and you infect them before you know that'll suck, so i'd either stick with the two you have or just the chick with hsv.

Good on her for telling you and respect to you for doing your research.

brokennn

Yeah, I am going to have to agree with Wishing Well. Either commit to the girl with H, and only her, or avoid sexual contact with her and stay with the other two women...they don't need to be put at risk for your actions. For the record, I find it admirable on your part, as well as the girl with H, for the actions you are both taking. Props.

redd

Thanks for the advice. I will have to decide between the 2 now, I think I will take some time to ponder before making a decision.