World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Socks80

Hello

Socks80

So I am new to this whole thing... Well chatroom support I guess.. I have had the Herpes virus for well over 6 years.. I was lucky to have contracted this virus through my ex husband... Big reason he is my ex husband... I contracted it the least common way... apparently he was not smart enough to know that if you have a cold sore in your mouth you CAN and will give someone genital herpes if you have oral sex with them... Lucky me.. So now we aren't together and I am struggling with telling partners I have this virus/medical condition. :(

Fairy dust

Hi there Socks 80,

Welcome to this great site - there are lots of lovely people here who have been through what you are going through now, so I am sure you will find loads of support.

I know how hard it is to tell new partners, but I have found that if you just wait a little while to be sure they are really into you as a person and not just for sex, it makes it easier to have 'the talk!'. I have also noticed that if I explain that it is like having coldsores but down below, they seem to be able to accept this explanation and mull it over while researching the facts!

It is awkward but not the end of the world - there are lots of great guys out there and I'm sure you will find one of them soon enough!!

Take care x

Socks80

Thank you! I have had this for a little over 5 years. I actually contracted it right after I went through a miscarriage so I wasn't really sure it was Herpes. I am currently going through a stressful time right now. Because I have been talking to a guy since Thanksgiving and we became intimate for the first time a week ago and I haven't had "the talk" with him yet. I feel really bad for not telling him and really meant to before we became intimate but in the heat of passion I didn't... I haven't been intimate with him or anyone since then because I feel like I owe it to myself and him to tell him. I am just afraid he is going to be really mad at me. :( Which I would deserve... He would be the second partner I have had since my divorce..