World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
PoLaRbEaR

......hi

PoLaRbEaR

newbie here....and i just wanna say this blows no matter how u look at it....i didnt like my life before now i hate it even more now. these cards that are getting dealt F! i want a new deal this is whack. F! wherever this virus came from....and idk how yall do it please tell me im so lost now. i feel so may different things. it just sux so dam much.......:madd:

MissHope

JW what you are feeling and going through right now is normal.... I myself went through shock, denial, disbelief, confusion, anger and shame.... I felt gross and scared.

But then that passed and things got better. I did go and see a counsillor at my local sexual health clinic which helped a great deal - just 1 hour with her and I realised that I wasn't alone and that my life could still go on. I also checked out a local support group meeting where I met different sorts of folks of all ages that lived with this and that was a great help too.

I also decided to tell my friends and they were so understanding. It really helped being able to talk about what I was going through. But again, this doesn't work for everyone - I know disclosing personal medical information is hard for some.

Stick around here though - this place is great for advice and support. Also have a read through the fact sheets there on the right which are full of information that may make you feel better. Finally you may like to visit live chat where you can get real time advice.

But chin up - we've all been through the shock of a diagnosis so know that it is normal and you are not alone.

PoLaRbEaR

how do u tell ur friends and family? i dont think i can do.....my family will be so crushed and disappointed and my friends are the type that will understand and i will be the butt of everyones joke all the time i couldnt do it.....

MissHope

Well when I told my best friend - and the first time I told anyone out loud - I got rolling drunk and blurted it out! Not ideal but I was such a mess after getting the positive confirmation and I needed to tell someone. It didn't quite feel real....

She was wonderful and that gave me the courage to tell others.... but then I'm a bit older than you, so I guess it's easier and I know that my friends are lot more understanding now then 15 years ago! Funnily enough when I did tell them, I found out that three of them also have the virus in one form or another... so yeah, it is pretty common.

My family I couldn't tell - and I don't think they need to know. It's private information and having them know would only do more harm than good..... and yes, they would be disappointed and worried.

But you don't really need to tell anyone other than potential sexual partners and your doctors. Other than that, if you don't feel comfortable telling friends and family, then you don't have to.

PoLaRbEaR

yea i dont think i can tell anyone but like u say potential sexual partners and docs.....its just so hard being single now that my ex left me which is where i think it came from i still dont know where it came from. and now everyone wants u to hook up with someone and ur like i cant and if i tell them why then everyone will know. all my friends and fam gossip and it would spread in one day and everyone will know. i have no one to 4confide in....i feel so alone now.