World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
PoLaRbEaR

25/m/fl

PoLaRbEaR

trying to reach out to someone who will understand and not judge me or hold it against me:(

gardencook

dude, you came to the right place. I came here to find basic information, and found comfort. From reading all the posts, you will not be judged and we all understand. I'm new here also, only been a couple of days, but read through some of the posts and it might help. If you ever want to chat, send me a message. I'll listen :)

Kaylynn89

hey im new to this website too, and i as well have this god awful diease. i know what its like to be judged, i lost a few friends because when i told them that i had it they where all like "damn sorry to hear that, well if you ever need anyone to talk to you can all ways call me ill be there for you," but none of them were. it was basicly as if i didnt even exist, even though we all had grown up together. but like i was saying i know what its like, btw i also live in florida, im 21, and in case u were wondering yes im a girl.

:dito:

PoLaRbEaR

dam girl im sorry to hear that...i cant tell anyone cause i know i will be judged.....herps was always a joke around us and still is and my family would be crushed....i just play it off with them but down im hurting and dieing inside from it but w.e life goes on and im not going to die from it so w.e....just makes dating and sex a WHOLE LOT HARDER thats all. where abouts in FL r u???

OpenMindandHeart

I am newly diagnosed and new to this site as well... I was instantly afraid that I would be judged, mostly because there is such a negative stigma about herpes. Once I heard that 1 in 5 people have some form of it, I was a bit more relieved because that just shows that many other people are hiding it as well. It is not a fun thing to have though... that's for sure.

PoLaRbEaR

yea 1 in 5 do have it but none of those 1s are around me......i do know a couple of people i went to skool with that have it though......but yea deff not fun at all......it blows a fat one....im so scared and alone.....:-(

Maggie818

I just told yesterday I have gh. I agree with you its somewhat of a joke to my friends. However my best friends have been super supportive and this place is kind of the best thing I could have found. I'd love to find someone to talk to about it that is going through it as well, and I know I can find someone here :)

PoLaRbEaR

Ur lucky that u have friends like that....I have no one but this web site....yea u got friends on here just sux when I can't did anyone close everyone I have found is to far away....but still good people on here when u got Boone u at least have this site.....u can talk to me anytime Im on here alot.

lifegoeson777

Im in florida too in the south, I used to have an account a few months ago, and i deleted it, I got tired of talking about it. But im back I need this site :/

hmb

I think its safe to say we all know how you feel, nobody knows except my best friend and ex. And now that I'm getting out and meeting new people its really hard because its always in the back of your mind and when it does go away there is always that crude herpes joke somebody makes to bring the feeling back. Well i came back to this site to get somebody to talk to that really understands how I feel, so hit me up if you wanna chat. I also live in fl.

Noirony

Watsup, folks? 27/f/ ft lauderdale, fl

Yeah it sucks a big one, but you're clearly not alone. There's a whole crap ton of people living with it. It's just not the first thing people bring up!

Life goes on though. How's today lookin?

PoLaRbEaR

nothing much going on here same old H life......yup very tru life does go on and we must not dwell on the past cause whats done is done just sux a fat one.....ft lauderdale huh?? im in miami.....yea im starting to realize that it is more common then i thought people just keep it hush.

DTX

IT sucks but having supportive people helps alot

YEa this website hs been really helpful. I just recently found out i have it.. even though the doctor hasnt officially diagnosed it but I know it is. OMg and when i found out I didnt know how to tell my BF. I was so scared. I was like hun i have to tell you I got something that isnt curable.. and when i told him he was like oh thats it? HE thought i had cancer or HIV lol He was like well you arent going to die from it and we will just deal with it I still love you no matter what. So he has definetly helped me through this and is patient with me when i get an outbreak and get so upset.. My best friend reacted the same way when i told her.. she said that well just manage it and I dont think any different about you and you still my BFF so thankfully I have 2 great people in my life who help me through this... BUT the thing i HATE the most is 1. Cant eat chocolate now because it causes me breakouts =( and i LOVVVVVVVVVEEEE it! and 2. Can't have sex until a breakout is gone. 3. Im so scared to give it to my BF =( grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr But yea those are the only two people in the world... well besides you guys that know I have GH.. I would never tell my fam they would be so disappointed in me and my sis and mom would lecture me to death. =/

So hang in there guys if they dont accept it well then they werent good friends to begin with and you dont need them in your life anyways!

P.S. damn I talk alot geez

house21

I've only told my sister and my closest friend...they've been supportive, saying it isn't all that bad, but of course that is easy for them to say when nothing is wrong with them, so no one understands what I'm going through. they think i just need to stop thinking about it and just go on with my life...a lot harder than they think... i