World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
FALLINGSTAR

feeling very lonely

FALLINGSTAR

I have have this for 9 years at the age of 18. Ive only had 2 partners in my life, the first is my current husband. The second is who gave me this disease. I have gone thru many stages in my life and have learn to accept it . The only one thing that still brings me down is the smelly heavy vaginal discharge I have . its an everyday reminder that I will have for life time. Having to wear pads and using vaginal sprays to help reduce the smell, really brings me down . Its embarrasing. I dont have much of a sex drive because I am so concious of it. I do still get very depressed, I try to remind my self of how blessed I am that it was not something worse , like aids. I do have 2 children now and fear so much of cancer due to this. I feel so lonely and I have never really been open with my dosctor about it. My husband and I dont talk about it either, I deal with this in silence and I am begging for some one to give me hope !! i feel so worthless sometimes.

WarriorKing

You really need to talk to a doctor, maybe a different one if you don't feel comfortable with your current one. Because a daily discharge, especially after 9 years, is not a herpes symptom that I have ever heard. And cancer and herpes are totally unrelated medical issues, so there is no fear related to cancer.

Sabrina32

First off. I'm sending you a big virtual hug. This virus can make you feel all kinds of bad I know that. I'm praying that something comes along for us herpes sufferers. I've been keeping up on the research and it really looks like a lot of companies are investigating better ways to beat this virus. Just stay strong and don't shut your husband out he loves you and is there for support. As far and not being open yes mr honest is right if you don't feel comfortable talking about it with your current doctor then get a new one. You can private message me anytime you wanna talk.

MsLucy

Fallingstar, please heed Mr Honest's advice and consult a dr you feel comfortable discussing your symptoms with. The type of discharge you describe is not indicitive of herpes. In the 4 years or so that I've had it, I've never experienced anything like that. I'm thinking you may possibly have some other type of infection, or maybe an hormonal imbalance of some sort.

I know these things can be difficult (and embarrassing) to discuss, but why suffer needlessly with something that may well be treatable? Wouldn't that be worth the few minutes worth of embarrassment to explain to your dr what you're going through? If you're not honest with your dr about your symptoms, he can't help you. You owe it to yourself to seek the help you need to get some relief.

jodee30

hi there... i agree with what everyone said please go talk to a dr.. tell them what is happening to your body!!

i have chronic outbreaks i have 2 forms of herpes... but i truly never heard of anything like what you said im not saying its not possible there are things out there that none of are sure of.. but like the other people wrote maybe its a form of infection...

im sorry that you are going thru this.....

Ickabod

I feel your pain. You should feel very lucky that you have a husband and children though. A lot of us may never get to experience that because we got the disease when we were single. You should feel very blessed. I would recommend trying your best to open up to your doctor and your husband about your feelings though; sounds like you have your own little support group right at home. Hang in there.