World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
GodHope

Diagnosed today..heavily depressed....I'm just 18...

GodHope

I have about 6 ex girlfriends however I have never had any sexual contact with any of them except petting... Until my latest girl. We had unprotected sex twice and she gave me oral sex once.... All along i have never ever wanted to be sexually active at all...I'm a medical student aiming to be a general practitioner. However, just one day after receiving oral sex from her... I notice an ulcer on her lip which i still didn't think of it as herpes until an ulcer on my penis developed....

The fact that she told me before "some things cannot tell me yet" and her great reluctance in giving me oral... Suggests that she already knew about her condition...sigh....why didn't she tell me...I wouldn't leave her even if I don't have this virus and she has

Oh well..it's still my fault....

I'm just 18... And do all these for the first time....and straight away getting it....

I'm really in an emotional distress now....I think I'm dirty...I keep thinking on the fact that it's going to affect me for life so hard that I even managed to keep a fever running despite medications and paracetamol.... I really don't know what to do anymore....

Doctor diagnosed genital herpes...but i know i have oral herpes as well from her cuz she kissed me many many times and i ever resulted in an ulcer on my lip which i didn't think of it as herpes then.... I'm still waiting for my blood test report but i know i have it because doctor's one look already said "yea it is herpes" and antiviral drug really did improve my condition....

Please help me......I really don't know what to do anymore....I just feel stress...lost..... please advice....

Phillychik

<3

Well Im 17, diagnosed about a week ago..... When I was first diagnosed I felt 10x as worse as u did. I felt tainted, unwanted and lonely, and at least you know who you got it from. Idk if it was the support from my friends or the fact the I did more research on herpes, that within a few days I felt better about myself and I realize it wasn't the end of the world or my life.

I'm not saying that in a few days you'll be able to cope with it because eveyone deals with sitautions differently, but I am saying eventually you will...... find support, someone who will always be there, you can trust and count on all the time... you shouldn't let it stress you and if you do let it get to you find a way to relieve it :flowers:

P.S

Your a lot better than me b/c if I was in your shoes I would KICK HER A$$, I'm sure she knows she has it and she knew what she was doing when she passed it on to you... couldn't she get thrown in jail for that??? but anyways like I said everyone handles situations differently

GodHope

Thank you so much for your reply...really made me feel better.. I was soooooo angry at her for giving me this.... However I didn't express it to her at all....cuz the damage has been done no matter what.. I just want her to admit that she did know and why didn't she tell me.. Sigh... She told me she'll never leave me alone.. But I still feel lost..very lost...and my mother still thinks I got it by spreading my oral herpes to genital...she's not aware about my sexual activity at all...I feel really bad for not letting her know...

Phillychik

Your welcome, and even if you do have it you have every right to be angry at her because she knows.... and she may not leave you alone but u can leave her alone

You don't have to tell you mother it's your personal business but she has to face the fact that your human and your going to be sexually actvie... tell her that its human nature * in my MJ voice* :-[

babybooh

I understand how you feel. I was diagnosed.. i think 5 days ago now.

I also felt lonely, depressed, dirty, unwanted. I still feel very unattractive because of it. But it's getting better. =)

Research helps. At first i thought herpes was more along the lines of leprosy (cause that's what it's treated like where i live), and now i know it's just a little skin disease that is medically pretty harmless.

Do your research, and good luck with it. =)

Fightslikeagirl

I Really envy ya'll with how fast you seem to be coping, I was in denial for weeks and weeks, Ive never EVER had a single symptom, not anything. Ive known for over a year now, and i know who gave it to me, its hard but you have to realize we're all people and we make mistakes. You just have to realize that life goes on whether we want it to or not, and sometimes faking happiness leads to actually being happy. And as for your mom i know its terrifying to think of telling her, but if i didnt have my moms support in this i cant even imagine how i would have gotten through this past year.

good luck hun

GodHope

I know...I really want my mother to know..but she's rather conservative..well my whole country is.. She'll be so disappointed in me... Thank you babybooh and fightslikeagirl... Your posts made me feel better too :)