World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
P100

Question for the ladies

P100

Did any of you live in denial? or feel the symptoms and dismissed them as something else but maybe you knew or actually thought it was something else?

babybooh

I did for about a week, untill it got too painful and i had to go to the docs. then i accepted it pretty quickly.

P100

not that this matters but the girl who I feel gave it to me is in denial. A few days before my first nasty OB (full symptoms) she asked that we not have sex as she was sore. We were not having that much sex, maybe once a day and this seemed unusual. Also when you go to the doctors do they just tell you, your results or do they give you a sheet of paper? These sound like wierd questions but it will help. We have been going through problems since and I wont leave her if she has it only if she doesnt as I do not want to pass it on to her and ruin her dating life as she is a few years younger. I feel maybe she is in denial or cant own up to the truth. I also contacted my ex to get tested and she said her or any of her boyfriends have not shown symptoms. She is awaiting her test.

babybooh

I was having an OB when i went to the docs.. My doc strait up said it looked like H, took a swab, and i just got the results by phone an hour ago. No sheet of paper or anything.

P100

Im sorry to hear that. Its not that bad and this site is helpful. Do you know where it came from? alot of people on this site are bent on the fact that it can happen at anytime but I doubt that. If you have never had any symptoms and all of sudden you have a new partner of something and it shows, I think its safe to say where it came from. Is your OB bad?

babybooh

Yeah, mine was pretty bad. I couldnt walk for days.

I know who gave it to me.. we had hooked up 5 days before my OB. I'm pretty dang sure that he knew he had it too, cause now he wont talk to me.

I think he was in denial though.. either that or he is sadistic.

P100

Yeah I can believe that. Like I said I am sure mine new. Just strange behaviour before and after. I have had it for about a year and a half and that was my only beak out so I will keep my fingers crossed for you. How are you feeling? Did you tell him?

babybooh

I'm feeling much better. My outbreak is over. Thank you.

I may even go out tonight. I"m putting on makeup for the first time sence my OB. =)

I've been feeling so friggen unattractive and gross. I'm trying to change that.

norcallove

P100 - Well, I can say from experience it can show up at anytime. I had my 1st OB 4 months into my relationship with my BF and had not been with anyone a while before him. He is negative. So just because you have a new partner does not mean that your new partner gave it to you. Herpes can lay dormant for years. That is the first thing my doctor told me. Furthermore, most people are asymptomatic, so she might be a carrier and just not know it. It can be hard sometimes to figure out who gave it to you.

For what its worth - I had absolutely no symptoms before my OB. I didn't even really have a "typical" (although there really isn't anything typical about this virus) OB. So I could see how people might be able to think herpes is something else. For me, I personally deep down knew it was H and my doctor took one look and said she thought it was H. I've read stories on here about people going in for a yeast infection or a bladder infection and then being told they have H. So, it is just really different for everyone. Also, I got my test results online. My doctors office has all of our stuff online.

TMC

I pretty much knew what it was once i had quite a few sores with my first OB. I googled herpes saw a few pictures then knew for sure really, as much as i hoped it wasn't! Went to the Drs anyway and they couldn't do tests but they pretty much knew too. I've since been tested but still wasn't told which type i have.

Sirenn

I always had this pimple/sore that popped up on my tailbone. I asked my mother about it and she said it was probably a skin reaction from sitting in random toilets. Now I look back, and wow I was oblivious to the fact that it could be something else. I think about all the other issues in my vagina; have I mistaken ingrown hairs, yeast infections and UTI's for herpes?!? I'll never know.

Kitty123
Yeah I can believe that. Like I said I am sure mine new. Just strange behaviour before and after. I have had it for about a year and a half and that was my only beak out so I will keep my fingers crossed for you. How are you feeling? Did you tell him?

WOW. Did you have sex with the same person I did? My giver knew. Also had strange behaviour before AND after (he was limp before we had sex, he WOULDn'T turn on the light when he was naked but he had a HOT smokin' bod!! WTF?)

He avoided me like the plague, threatened the cops, but yet, he then said, "My dermatologist found a bump 3 years ago, and popped it and fluid came out" OHHHHH!! AND HE DIDn'T SWAB IT?!?!!?!? YEAH...right....and shit flies too, right?

I was lied to. And he was in denial BIG TIME.

MissHope
Did any of you live in denial? or feel the symptoms and dismissed them as something else but maybe you knew or actually thought it was something else?

Yes I did live in denial.... but I did also ask at my local sex health clinic and they dismissed it too! I thought it could be a bad ingrown, or a bartholin's cyst or just irritation. That was about 5 months before it happened again and this time I couldn't dismiss it and went to a GP. Bam - positive diagnosis for HSV2.

Conflictedgirl

I thought it was a yeast infection for months until i had a visable external OB. I've only had 2 since November.

Whenever i feel the burning and itching start, i take my medication and pretend it's a yeast infection. It stupid because i know it's HSV but it makes me feel better about the guy i love lying to me about this.

angelwings03

i thought it was a yeast infection too. i even went to my OB/GYN to have it checked. i had an OB at the time and they told me it was NOTHING. when my son was born with it in every part of his body (which only typically happens when you are pregnant when you contract the virus) i knew for a fact thats what it was. in the back of my mind i already knew. i knew with no doubt thats what it was even after the doc told me that. some ppl just know and wont admit it, others it takes awhile to get to the point of being able to say "I have Genital Herpes and i am going to live my life." its frightening but its like admiting you are gay or something. its liberating. totally

Conflictedgirl

angelwings03 - How is your son doing now?

package deal

it depends on when you talking about> Before i got dianosed i thought i was just a little sore down there from excersing too much but after i told my exbf about me being sore he confessed he had herpies

sense my dianoses no i have not denyed or pretend i did not have it

angelwings03

my son passed away almost a month ago. he was 31 days. hes my angel 0:)

Vanilla

@angelwings03 That's terrible! I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine what you must be going through. I wish you all the best things. Strength and love to you.

Conflictedgirl

angelwings03 - I'm terribly sorry for your lost.