World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
kattkatt

New here, sort of new to herpes

kattkatt

HI my name is Katt and I am herpes 2 positive, lol

I was exposed to the virus when I was 16, about 22 years ago, my older BF cheated on me. I was stupid and didnt use protection, so I knew I had been exposed, back then they didnt have reliable blood tests so I spent 20 yrs going to the doc for every twinge to check for herpes. 2.5 yrs ago I left my spouse and got the full spectrum of tests since I was going to be dating again after 12 years. Well I tested positive for the herpes 2 virus and was upset, after all those years I kind of forgot about it. Well 2.5 yrs later I have my very first breakout and that was Jan 7th and the symptoms havent stopped since. To be honest, all I have used is zovirax ointment, my breakout wasnt bad, it was one sore and atypical apparently. It was cultured, my problem is I have been sick in 2 week cycles, my stomach is a mess, with reflux and everything in between, no appetite and I feel like crap. The pills scare the crap out of me, I am one of those that get side effects, especially digestive ones and I already cant eat much. It seems when the itching flares up, my stomach flares up and takes about a week to start getting better, then it starts all over again. I havent had another breakout, I dont think...I had something show up somewhere else and the nurse pratitioner said it wasnt a lesion...ummm....I dont know....but I just keep flaring up with the itch and burning where the original lesion was and all the itch is all on that side of the girl parts and down my leg.

SO ok too much info for an intro?:p ahh well...had to get it out, it is my intro to herpes and a support site.

BTW I am 38, engaged with 2 kids a dog and 3 cats, and trying like hell to keep my spirits up and not drown in the sadness of this crap. I must believe it will pass.

Peace

Katt

WarriorKing

Sometimes defeating the mental and emotional side of this virus can make you feel a hundred times better. It is both the easy and the hard part. Easy because you don't need a magical drug, and sometimes you can just change your mind about it within minutes, and many people do. Hard, because sometimes that is hard work for some people, and not so easy.

AwesomenessUnfettered

so true...the mental/emotional battle is the most difficult part...one minute i am fine with myself and fully come to terms with this disease...the next min i am filled with hateful regret, seeing no hope for normalcy in my future...fighting your own negative thoughts is the majority of this battle...but we can take solace in simply knowing that we are not alone...