World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
keekster0032

I'm STRONG but when does it END?

keekster0032

I was diagnosed with Genital herpes in 2009 4 days before my highschool graduation. I tried my hardest to do everything right, I was always protected and I was on birth control. I lost my virginity to the guy I loved, and I thought everything was perfect. About 3 weeks later I had a full on OB it was the worst pain of my life, and I could'nt take it. Thankfully I had a very supportive mother who took me to the doctors and supported me through everything. The same day I got the results I called my then BF and asked if he knew he had this..he hung up on me and I haven't talked to him since. In June 2011 it will have been two years since I was diagnosed, and I must say this is something that has made me soooo much stronger. But I do have moments when I break down and I cant handle it, I just wanna know how long the saddness lasts. Is it something that will come in and out of my life forever? Or will it end eventually?

nosila

I was diagnosed a bit before you, in August 2008. I have to say I can go for weeks, months even without thinking about it, but sometimes like now, it really bothers me. I don't know if it will ever go away, I really don't, but just wanted to let you know I feel the same!

keekster0032

thanxx..it's just hard cause I feel like I have an OB every month after my menstral cycle. So it just seems ill always be reminded about it. But thanks glad to know I;m not alone ^_^

PrayForCure

Same for me but I started learning tricks to deal with it

I was diagnoised with GH two weeks after my birthday in 2009. Anyhow, I started to learn some patterns of my outbreaks. I noticed that my outbreaks tend to happen around the time of my period. Therefore, instead of taking Valtrex every day, I take it every day for 6 days right after my period to prevent it. So far so good. It has been a year since my last OB. Good luck to you! I heard the virus gets weaker and less frequent as time goes on. Hope that is the case for us. :)

cindy661

hey

i have to say..i am in 2 same situation u r in my ex who i loved didnt tell me he had herpes 6months later he had 2 move cuz his job & i went 2 the doctor cuz i was havin trouble peein bad it hurt i didnt kno what is was until the doctor checked me & said "you have blisters" i freaked out like crazy & then the doctor said you have herpes..began to breakdown she said to relax ull just stress urself out more and u dnt need to...i began feelin really sad everyday i blamed myself but i cant and u cant either