World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
geek

GF has herpes and I think I just contracted it :(

geek

I knew my girlfriend had HSV-1 of the genitals when I started dating her. I loved her enough to look past it. We've been together for a few months now and we've used condoms for protection.

Unfortunately, I think I have now contracted it as I started seeing some red dots on my left and right inner thigh/crotch area yesterday. It doesn't seem to hurt or itch or anything though...hopefully it stays that way. I'll be making a doctors appoint when I can and see if I can get a confirmation.

I've always felt a bit stressed knowing my GF had it, but kept it off my mind most of the time without issue. Now that I think I have it, I'm just sort of scared that if she isn't the one I'll have an even harder time dating than I did before...which has never been easy for me. Of course, I know that's the last thing I should really be thinking about since I do love my GF...but I've been having a hard time getting it out of my mind.

Anyways, that's my short story. Hi all.

JBnATL

Don't assume you have genital herpes. HSV1 genital is almost impossible to pass along. Some doctors even tell their patients that they dont have to disclose to future partners because it is so rare to pass it along.

However you are doing the proper thing in getting tested.

Had you ever had a cold sore? If so you already have hsv1 and have built up antibodies to getting it somewhere else.

And even if you do have it, hsv1 genital is not that bad. You can live a normal life with it. I have both hsv1 & 2 and have lived a normal life.

This has not stopped me from doing anything or anyone I wanted.

Good luck!

JB

Fightslikeagirl

You may even just have razor burn if you shave down there, Or even soaps can irritate there since the skin is sensitive, if it doesnt hurt i wouldnt freak out until you've got a test. Best of luck

Btw i think your a great person for looking past that in your girlfriend, it takes a real man to love someone enough to look past that and your girlfriend is very lucky.

Chirpes

Herpes is a cluster of little fluid filled blisters that will eventurally break and scab over. Don't freak out, doesn't sound like it, be very careful. Clean, lights on first, check very well, condom on, wash up, snuggle lots. The outbreaks often occur in the same dermatome(region) watch that area closely and she can often correlate it with swollen groin lymph nodes. Peace Chirpes

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Ashleerae
      Yeah whoops, I didn't see you wrote HSV-1 until later haha. I definitely see your point. 
      Just some random thoughts on the subject that I've been thinking about similar to your situation, even if they are a little different. I've been in a workplace where a girl was the herpes girl so I totally get that. Not the brand you want. Yeah it is so common. Somebody else in the room probably has it, like you said. It feels like its so unnatural and isolated when diagnosed because nobody talks about it, but its so freaking common. Maybe people are more open about HSV1, but maybe not.  Who knows if the rest of the world will catch up. It's nice to not care what the rest of the world has to say sometimes. That would be tough at 18-22 having everyone you know find out. I assume my own hometown will find out one day from someone who knows; that was one of my other biggest fears about this too, but it's fading. I guess I better start working on my comeback game so it's in the holster when I need it Have a good night, good thread Hairpees.  
    • WilsoInAus
      Hey @Runride and welcome to the website, I hope there is some thoughts to assist in your thinking. Wow, where do live? Sounds a bit like 'Deliverance' country or something out of a David Lynch movie. I'm very sorry about that. I have three options for your consideration. They are not in order of any particular preference. 1. Ignore it. Go about your life as per normal. You are the actor on your own stage and the other players will do what they do. Do as you wish to do with your life and other people will buy into that, or they're not welcome on your journey. Herpes plays the role it always has for you. You inform partners in advance of sex. 2. Take a stand to be open about your status. Requires a bit more bravery to put yourself out there for little short term reward certainly. "Yes I have herpes like most of us do orally or genitally. What do you feel the issues surrounding this are? What ought to be different in our lives and the way we live them as a result?" 3. Move to a new environment to give yourself a better chance of living life under option 1 or even option 2 above.
    • Broken Butterfly
      For sure, why bother if it’s pointless and costly but I get what you mean.  
    • Broken Butterfly
      I said I considered it but not that I was going to sue- I have no idea what my options are here.  
    • Hairpees
      I’m definitely not saying you need to file a lawsuit, you’ll read on here most people don’t have success. I’ve mentioned it because hes not responding to you so maybe that will wake him up.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.