World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
jangel1882

my period

jangel1882

I had my first outbreak 2 weeks ago. It started on monday, didnt have any rash until thursday when i finally went to the doctor. He gave me valtrex. The following week i started my period. Its been just over a week now and im still bleeding and its not really getting lighter. I saw one of the side effects was painful periods and I dont have any pain. Just wondering if anyone else has experience longer periods due to HSV or the Valtrex

kk90

im actually curious about the same thing. i just finished my first outbreak and im finishing valtrex too but my period is def heavier than usual and slightly more painful. idk if it will last longer i hope not!!

Jagg

I just had my first outbreak and was diagnosed yesterday, I believe my outbreak is almost over though, thank God... I haven't had my period yet but I couldn't imagine going through this AND having a period...How flipping awful... :( If you find anything out please post - I already have heavy periods and if this medication makes them worse - dammit....