World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
lily88

Painful urination

lily88

I just got diagnosed a week ago on Valentines Day.. My first ever actrully...I have had symptoms now for three weeks, and I still have painful urination.. Is that normal..Ive heard everyone mention, the bumps..but no one has said painful urination..Please if nyone has any advice to ease the pain...I dont have any bumps right now at all just painful urination and the area is tender. Will I ever feel normal at least for a little bit?

Amalia

Hello and welcome.

Yes you will feel normal again soon. I have read that the first year is the worst but it is different for everyone.

I would suggest that you go back to your doc and get an opinion about the painful urination. Is it possible that you have a UTI? Lots of women get yeast infections or UTIs when they are first diagnosed.

You can also try using warm water to help when urinating. Flushing your vaginal area with warm water can help to reduce the pain or sting. Drinking lots of water will also help to reduce the sting as it dilutes your pee. I found epsom salts baths helped with pain and healing. Hope this helps : )