World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
ellnoel

new toy or herpers?

ellnoel

I recently bought a new toy cleaned it very well and used it. and that same weekend i slept with a guy. i went to the er freaking out cause i had 4 little bumps show up that scared me he said they looked like herpes and he gave me medication. I was not tested for it. Once they went away I used the toy again and now they are back again...Im not sure what to really think is going on with my body now, or what to do.

Tiny

I'd wait about 2 or 3 months and then go and get a blood test to check for anti-bodies, or get the sores swabbed if you get more. It is possibly an allergic reaction or it could be herpes...only a test will be able to tell you that.

I know I have got thrush from certain toys...a particular type of silicon doesn't agree with me...so now I have found that I feel more comfortable using glass toys. I have herpes and often latex, silicon anything different in that area can cause a flare up. Glass it just easier to clean and far less likely to harbour germies.

I'd also say don't use that particular toy...clearly it is not your friend!

ellnoel

im hoping its just an allergic reaction but dont we all. Im tryin to go in and get them swabbed but there are never any appointments open for when i need to go. they never did a blood test either so maybe if they are gone by my appointment date they can do a blood test. and yeah i dont think that toy is my friend either.