World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
taurus5348

IT WON'T GO AWAY!!!!!! Is there a Doc out there?

taurus5348

What the hell is going on here? I have genital HSV1. I got it 3 months ago from a girl that gave me oral sex with a developing cold sore. My first OB I got 4 cold sores in the pubic area and then some rashes on the penis that never hurt or itched. I never developed flu like symptoms either. I considered my first OB to be somewhat minor. Since the initial OB the cold sores went away but the rashes on the penis have not. Now I have this purple discoloration on my penis. More graphically, it's red in the foreskin area, there are shinny areas on the shaft where there was the initial OB and the head has these dark red/ purple areas. This hasn't changes in three months. Sometimes it looks like it is going away then back it comes. Nothing hurts it just looks like hell. Everything is scabbed over but it never goes to the next stage of completely disappearing. I'm becoming really discouraged. I even started taking Valacyclovir again and I'm putting on this spray I got at CVS called Fast Results CAN ANYONE HELP ME? I will post pictures if it helps someone help me.

JBnATL

Unfortunately I have never seen a doctor post on this board. I believe there are other sites where you can pay to ask questions of doctors.

Don't rely on strangers you meet on a website for medical diagnosis.

Good luck!

JB

taurus5348

Yes, I understand that. Just wondering if anyone was having similar problems

wwdamron

go to your doctor ask if you can up the dose on your valtrex, you can also ask him about Famvir(which is stronger and works slightly differently). Look for an oral product with Benzocaine in it(available over-the-counter), it will help numb it. Also you can take Ibuprofin; but if its not going away, you should probably see the doctor.

Let us know how it turns out for you.

EnoughIsEnough

Hey buddy.... just want to let you know you're not alone. It's taken me almost 4 months to almost completely get rid of the initial sore on my penis. I am still not 100% clear. I think masturbation irritates it and keeps bringing it back and can spread it on my penis. I will say it has gotten better but I have yet to be completely clear in almost 4 months. I continue to try to build up my immune system by eating healthy and exercising and trying to keep the stress levels down. Try to hang in there and try not to stress out..... Herpes LOVES stress.