World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
jangel1882

itching

jangel1882

does anyone itch towards the end of an outbreak? I am having aloooot of itching right now and i thought my outbreak was practically over... it was my first. Just wondering if im having another, if its the same one or if its normal to itch like crazy at the end. So far i dont see any rashes of new blisters and im hoping i dont. Will an antihistamine help?

Mistakenomore

I had my first OB about three weeks ago. My 1st OB lasted about 5 days. It calmed for a few days with slight on and off itching then after that I was itching everyday for almost the whole day. I used vagisil coz there was no blisters or anything, just itchy. So after about two weeks of my last OB, i had my second OB but i only had two tiny blisters so i took my med valtrex as per my doctor's instruction and it disappeared in three days as well as the itching. I still itch but very seldom now compared to after my first OB that i was itching the whole day. I tried tea tree oil, and it helped temporarily and now i am using purell. Im not sure if the itchiness will come back once im done taking my med tomorrow.