World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
beautifulloser

Recently Diagnosted and Completlt Devastated

beautifulloser

I was diagnosed 3 weeks with HSV2. What I believed was a slight skin infection, due to shaving was actually my first "breakout". I have never felt so awful in my entire life. I was in a relationship with a man that did admit he had herpes, but than told me that he was on anti-virals, never had outbreaks and had never infected anyone...sounded good at the time....and yet here I am. I feel different now, like im contaminated, dirty, gross, and flawed. I feel like I have this terrible secret that makes me undesirable....and Im really worried that i will get outbreaks on my mouth as well. I feel like Im sinking into a depression and am considering anti-depressants....am I blowing this out of proportion? I dont know, but I know I feel like my life has changed and Im heartbroken over this. Does this ever get better?:(

masey

Hey

I was diagnosed about a month ago and had my first outbreak. I wanted to die. I know exactly how u feel, discusted, sad, angry everything! My bouyfriend has stuck with me through all of this. I got over it as soon as the outbreak was over and started to think its not all that bad. I know I have it and SLOWLY coming to terms with it. It will get better though and no one deserves this. Lucky I found this site and same for u, it helps :) x

teardrops

Am sorry to hear about your condition but one thing for sure is that the man had told you that he had it before, which was very good of him letting you aware of it, evn though he could be telling you the truth that he didn't have any breakout or infected anyone, if you had found out yourself without him letting you know then you would felt betrayed and that would even makes you feel very annoyed. Please take a look at life from a differnt perspective and count it yourself lucky, you could have been diagnose with HIV which would be a heavy blow. Yes I do understand how disgusted you are feeling just now but just stick to your medications and pray that God heal your wounded heart. Don't even think of taking any anti depressants, you will become addicted to it and it will sinks you into deeper depression ,so stay away from it, it make be a quick fix but the root of your problem is how to deal with your present conditions, which the frist step you take is to joining this forum and getting as much support as possible and knowing that you are not alone, which is good.

When I was told that the guy I was seeing has herpes, I was out of my mind for the fact that I don't sleep around and he was the only person I was having casual sex with on and off for two years ,it makes me sick to the soul and angry, even though am not sure if it was lie the person was telling, I got tested twice and it was negative but I was gutted, I search the net and stumble upon this site and someone on this forum has put my mind at rest, though I had sleepless night about having the virus, so just take courage and lift yourself up out of despair. When you know in your heart that you keep yourself circumspect and take your health seriously and then some one comes along with their careless life style to contaminate you, girl I know your pain, even though I am tested negative, I still felt dirty and contaminated which is affecting deeply because it could be worse, so keep your chin up.

beautifulloser

Thank you. :)