World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
hkhc

Red itchy scrotum- no lesions

hkhc

3 weeks ago after 2 days of protected sex with my ex-gf, she decided then to let me know she had been diagnosed with HSV-2. 2 weeks later I have developed a red and itchy scrotum. The STD clinic doctor said he was certain it wasn't herpes and prescribed hyrdocortisone which just made things worse. Its been almost a week now with mild itching and my entire scrotum being red. No lesions of anysort. Had my 1gG type specific tests done, but its probably to early anyway.

Do any males suffer this as their only symptom of an outbreak, or is it usually followed by lesions. 3 months is a long time to wait, as Im sure those with experience will appreciate. She said her OB was severe, but at the time had no symptoms, and I used a condom. I know transmission i still highly possible, but I'm hoping its a bad coincidence. So any thoughts? Anyone experience a red itchy scrotum as their sole symptom of herpes?

Misty67

Hi and welcome!

She let you know that she was hsv2+ AFTER you had unprotected sex? Hyrodocortisone cream is not really recommended on genital HSV....it can actually make an OB worse.

HSV has many looks....almost everyone is differnt. I'm female....I have never had a sore or blister, only burning and irritation.

3 Months is a long time to wait! I know this very well! but testing just a few days after exposure is to early :(. However, there are some people that do test positive before the 3 month mark. If you get a negative result and are still worried, re-test!

Good luck!! hopefully you are not a member of our "club"

Now98

Hi hkhc

Sorry to bump this, but I am experiencing very similar symptoms and I was hoping to know what the outcome of your 3 month test results? Also, I'll ask your question again; anyone experience a red itchy scrotum as their sole symptom of herpes? I see that this post has a lot of views so I can imagine that it is a popular topic, or maybe just an old topic :)

Thanks

Cruzer

Itchiness is a symptom of Herpes, it is also a symptom of a hundred other things. Of that was my only symptom after 3 weeks I'd be feeling good about this.

You can surf the web for weeks looking for the answer to this and other questions regarding vague symptoms, I know I have.

The answer always is the same, Herpes will almost always present with a lesion between 3 and 20 days of exposure. If you go through three months waiting for the test and present with the sole symptom of an itchy scrotum you will be told to go away.

On the other hand I have urethritis, tailbone pain, had a fever, upset stomach, leg pain and a sore on my anus that tested negative and I have had three doctors tell me it's stress. One an eminent professor in an STD dept of a teaching hospital. I have 6 weeks to go for my blood test.

I know where you are, relax.

Centrino

I had an itchy scrotum intermittently today, no itching now at all. I'm still freaking out though. No pain, no redness, no tingling. Time will tell I guess.. :(

joe2011

Red Itchy Scrotum

Hi,

I've suffered from red and itchy scrotum. Did the guys here with this symptom get tested? What were your results? Did it ever go away?

Mine has lasted about 7 weeks now. I've tried many other treatments for fungals, bacteria, etc. Blood test was done, but at 5 weeks. It was negative.