World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
PeetryGirl7

New to Herpes

PeetryGirl7

Hi everyone,

I was told about this site by a family member and decided to join and say hello :)

Recently diagnosed after an embarrassing visit to the doctors last week. I told her my symptoms and assured her it would not be an STD for her to examine me and conclude it was classic herpes.

What my doctor did not tell me was how badly infected I was. I attended the 'Sandyford' clinic at my local hospital and the two doctors were aghast at my infection :( I had a skin infection down below on top of the herpes infection so I was really swollen and tender - pain which I am sure you will all relate to!

The clinic really helped me and they have been great throughout the process. In a matter of a couple of days the swelling has came down amazingly fast and I can finally cross my legs again!

I know exactly where I got the virus from so there was no need for the tracing service they provide - got it from my partner's drunken bite! Needless to say the three year relationship did not stand up to the test of the virus and he has handled it poorly as have some of the previous stories I have read. This really upsets me to hear that so many people have not had the support of a partner when they really need it but at least we have this forum to rant and vent our worries!

PeetryGirl7

JBnATL

Welcome to the 'club'. Many people have told me that getting this has changed their lives for the better. Herpes has a good way of weeding out the losers in your life.

Come to the Chat Room, there you will find many nice fellow Herpsters who can offer you their support.

Good luck!

JB

norcallove

Hi PeetryGirl. Welcome to this site. I'm glad you found it. I was diagnosed with GHSV2 3 months ago, and this site has helped me so much. There is a lot of great information to the right and tons of supportive members. I am happy to hear that you are starting to feel better physically. Also, its great that the clinic has been so wonderful. That is definitely not always the case! When I went to the doctors I thought I had a cut from my clothing rubbing on me and it was slightly infected - so I was shocked when she took one look at it and said she thought it was herpes. So I understand how you felt.

Its good you know where you got the virus from. A lot of people on here spend a lot of time trying to figure that out. I am so sorry to hear that your partner is not being supportive, especially in a time when you need his support the most. A lot of people on here say in some ways herpes can be good, because how an existing partner (or potential) reacts shows a lot about that person's character. It upsets me also when I hear people's partners are not supportive. At least you have all of our support on this site!! My partner, who I actually didn't get it from (we had been dating 4 months when I had my 1st OB and he tested and is negative so mine had obviously been dormant for awhile), has been incredibly supportive. So at least there is hope that not all guys react that way!

Take care. Feel free to ask any questions you have. We're all here for you. :)