World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
PeetryGirl7

My experience with remedies to ease the pain

PeetryGirl7

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would share some tried and tested remedies I used the first week I found out about the genital herpes virus - some are pretty ridiculous so I will warn you now lol

1. Cold used teabags dabbed on the sores
    - They make a real mess and didnt really provide me with much relief
  2. Salt baths
    - Were amazing! If I felt really sore and tender I would take a dip in warm (not hot!) water with a teaspoonful of salt and it kept the pain at bay for a couple of hours
  3. Aneasthetic Gel
    - This was given to me after my visit to the clinic and was told it would sting badly when first contact but would help after a couple of minutes
    - I did not feel the sting but it did help the pain a lot!
  4. Antibiotics
    - These were given to me after one week of suffering (did not go to doctor until then as was scared and embarrassed)
    - After one day of taking them I felt a dramatic reduction in the swelling around my area down below and now after taking them for 5 days I can cross my legs again!!!
  5. Vaseline
    - Worst remedy mistake I made!
    - I am sure it works for some but for me it did not, it hurt to apply it and as I couldnt wash properly due to how tender I was, the salt baths and showers did not remove it properly for days!
  6. Hairdryer on cold
    - After a shower or bath this really helped the pain as you cant dry the area properly with a towel so this was convenient as well as providing relief
    - DO NOT DO IT FOR TOO LONG THOUGH! As it could dry you out too much and bring back the ache

So far this is all I can remember doing but I will defo post up some more when they come to mind! Hope this helps fellow new sufferers!

PeetryGirl7

Kitty123

Thank you SO MUCH for your feedback Peetry. This will help alot of newbies on here.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

You are not alone. This site will DEFINITELY help you cope. I CAN HONESTLY PROMISE YOU THIS.