Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cfm1991

One single bump on pubic area below the skin. Do I have herpes?

3 posts in this topic

About a year ago I had a single different bump on the shaft of my penis beginning at the bottom of my foreskin. It hurt like a pimple hurts and eventually went away. I have not had any other signs until about two days ago. I have a single bump under the skin at the top of my pubic area about three inches below my waistline. The bump is pinkish in color and there doesn't appear to be fluids inside it. I have no itchiness, sore muscles, flu-like symptoms, headaches, lower back pain, and my lymph nodes are not swollen. I'm planning on being tested next week but I am very scared about this. I have never had more than one bump at a time and it is not a blister. Can this be genital herpes?

Pretty much anything could be herpes but this doesn't sound like it. Go get tested right away and hopefully a negative result can put this out of your mind.

I would agree, it doesn't sound like herpes. Herpes lesions are small and filled with fluid. Also they tend to appear on the same spot every time. And usually the other symptoms (swollen lymph nodes and flu) only appear when you first get infected. But herpes is a sneaky virus, the symptoms can vary a lot individually, which is why only about 1 in 10 realize they have it. Also, herpes can be quite difficult to diagnose. You should go see a GP while you still have the bump so they can take a swab. It's not unusual to get a false negative, because the lesion needs to be "fresh" enough when you get tested. You can have a blood test if it's been more than three months, but the test won't tell where on your body the herpes is. It's possible to get HSV1 on the genitals too.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• newhere
      I think they are related.  I have a weird case, i cant get a positive blood test but i had a positive swab, so pretty for sure im positive Wilson Aus, so dont even go there! Ive had three tests so far.    Shortly after being diagnosed i was diagnosed as hypothyroid.  My thyroid is attacking itself.  I really think its related to my hsv.  I dont make antibodies to hsv, but my antibodies are going crazy on my thyroid instead!  Great!  I am a year since diagnosis and the virus is a nuisance at its worst for me, other that the stigma that is,  but i firmly believe my thyroid autoimmune disease is related to hsv. 
    • hopeful Rylee
      Discouraging and depressing. Wait years then things fail. Sure hope Halford is still in the battle with us. ..but from what I gather his vaccines won't be available in the US....
    • LillianPanos
      Hi I too diagnosed in March just not certain if I have 1 or 2 on genitals.  What do you have? How were you diagnosed? Tell me how you found out. I told my 3 sisters about this and 1 good friend, it was important for me usually I dont tell anyone things I am ashamed of, trust me not telling others but its good to have someone to talk to this about, a friend, family member, therapist, people on this website. have you gone on the caht room? this helps me a lot even when I jsut sit in the back and dont say much. I felt in the beginning to end it all, sitma hit me hard, never felt like that before, I thought I was smarter than this. Another man reached out to me just as I was infected. I thought I would not respond to him. But I did he was going out of town for  week and wanted to call me when he got back. Well he came back and we hit it off, I avoided too much kissing and touching, he thought I just liked going to dinner. I told him at 6 weeks, he was totally accepting i told him we could both learn about this together, he doesnt want this H but he wants me! We are still together and we are both in love with each other, we a bit older and realize this is it!!!.  Yes it can happen.  Trust me I have heard other stories.  KEEP SHARING HERE!!!
    • LovelyLala2014
      They say once you lose hope, you lose it all. Many days I ask myself what the point in going on is. I have been diagnosed since March and I have not met anyone who understands me or anything. I feel lost, confused, I have so many questions and I don't know who to ask. It hurts. I feel I will never find love and I will never have kids of my own. All these things in my mind 24/7. How do I know when it's the right time to tell someone? How do I know if i should even talk to anyone. Help?
    • LillianPanos
      I see agenda I assume nothing significant came out of this workshop. Just the typical chatter!
    • Sanguine108
      basic tenet when dealing with pain in traditional medicine is that "When there is pain there's is stagnation, and where there's stagnation there's pain." So herbs that help move stagnation are appropriate.  SJW does more stagnation in it's own special way.  Garlic, thins and warms the blood to help it move more easily. Olive leaf is like herbal antibiotics. And is 'energetically cold'.  bacteria is a hot pathogen.  Rx antibiotics are extremely cold in nature from the whole TCM standpoint.    Colostrum is like a from-the-source/momma food grade ginseng.   It has these growth factors and prohormone compounds, immune building blocks etc.... so it's fuel and the fuel catalysts to heal/promote healing and support supplement the immune system... generally speaking... Oil of Oregano.  People swear by it but idk.  I find noticeable benefit by taking 400mg of lysine every day.    I have a Lysine-monolaurin (200mg:200mg) supplement called Laurisine.   I like it and it's food grade.   But for pain in the pelvic, nether region I'd try the japanese knotweed(resveratrol...).
    • OhFuckMyDickHurts
      http://www.herpesvirusworkshop.com http://vaccines.global-summit.com/  
    • OhFuckMyDickHurts
      BTW  Genocea is using an adjuvant matrix which stimulates both Th1 as well as Th2 cytokines. Th1 helps while Th2 makes the disease worse so I'm not surprised their results were marginal. Further their claimed ATLAS, antigen discovery platform messed up. IMHO they should have dropped glycoprotein D (around half of symptomatic people already have Ab's to that already) and added 3 more ICP's (that keep people asymptomatic - they picked one of the top 4, not the top 4) that would have made the vaccine near perfect for 100% of the population.... oh well.  
    • LillianPanos
      Thanks... Isnt there some type of conference coming up where there will be discussions on some of the trials going on now for HSV?
    • OhFuckMyDickHurts
      Link " Efficacy – A drug (especially vaccination) has to be working at 75% or greater efficacy to go to market. If lower, it goes back to the drawing board. This is done on people with a small testing pool (Say 150) to test the dosage. While that link and quote says 75%, it's not far off. The end point for FDA is to lower transmission; meaning to eliminate shedding or greatly reduce it. Nucleoside analogues drugs (Valtrex, famciclovir, etc.) are already around 50% efficacy in reducing transmission by nearly eliminating shedding. FDA for drug approval will want to see a substantial statistical improvement before approving it, thus saying they need 75% is kind of accurate. Note because there are already pills for HSV the FDA will not fast track approval of any HSV medicine (ugh).    
  • Featured