Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cfm1991

One single bump on pubic area below the skin. Do I have herpes?

3 posts in this topic

About a year ago I had a single different bump on the shaft of my penis beginning at the bottom of my foreskin. It hurt like a pimple hurts and eventually went away. I have not had any other signs until about two days ago. I have a single bump under the skin at the top of my pubic area about three inches below my waistline. The bump is pinkish in color and there doesn't appear to be fluids inside it. I have no itchiness, sore muscles, flu-like symptoms, headaches, lower back pain, and my lymph nodes are not swollen. I'm planning on being tested next week but I am very scared about this. I have never had more than one bump at a time and it is not a blister. Can this be genital herpes?

Pretty much anything could be herpes but this doesn't sound like it. Go get tested right away and hopefully a negative result can put this out of your mind.

I would agree, it doesn't sound like herpes. Herpes lesions are small and filled with fluid. Also they tend to appear on the same spot every time. And usually the other symptoms (swollen lymph nodes and flu) only appear when you first get infected. But herpes is a sneaky virus, the symptoms can vary a lot individually, which is why only about 1 in 10 realize they have it. Also, herpes can be quite difficult to diagnose. You should go see a GP while you still have the bump so they can take a swab. It's not unusual to get a false negative, because the lesion needs to be "fresh" enough when you get tested. You can have a blood test if it's been more than three months, but the test won't tell where on your body the herpes is. It's possible to get HSV1 on the genitals too.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• Maybe1day
      I believe direct injection of some sort will be required either way, because AAV, as @OhFuckMyDickHurts has mentioned, will elicit an immune response so it may only be used once, that is if your body isn't already immune to it. So unless crispr is good enough to require only one treatment to eradicate the virus, some form of direct injection will need to be pursued. The way things are rolling now, if you get to live another 15-20 years, you might get to see the early stages of phase 1 trials. 
    • fixme1
      im glad to see it went well for you... you have courage , i have yet to tell a girl i am seeing (i am undiagnosed but my ex had it who didnt disclose till a break up) I know somethings not right so I still will have to mention it. hopefully i will go well and things can move on
    • Dragonfly07
      @boricacid Yes, it really is! Thank you. Me too!  @Blahdittilyblah Thank you. I am too. 
    • Free73
      I read a study which indicated that taking Valtrex as early as possible after primary infection can assist to lessen future outbreaks. There is certainly no evidence of it hindering production of antibodies or anything like that. There is also evidence of Valtrex continuing to assist in the decrease of viral shedding some time after suppressive therapy has stopped
    • Jennjennann
      No infection, discharge is normal. I forgot about the tea tree oil, I will have to get some. Thanks! 
    • crazypuglady
      Hi all, I have been taking Valtrex for almost 1 year and am wondering if it has any effect on the body's ability to develop antibodies? I am not in a relationship or intending to start one so would happily deal with outbreaks if it means relief down the track. Has anyone had any experiences or know of any research which indicates Valtrex limits the body's ability to produce antibodies?
    • TamaraHelen12
      Still don’t know the right words to express my Gratitude to the Great Dr.Ace After been diagnosed of HERPES 1 and 2 VIRUS in Feb, i was given so many health prescription and advice with no improvement, I totally lost hope, until i found testimonies of Great Dr. Ace in an online research on Facebook, Like anybody would be, I was very skeptical about contacting him, but i later did and he opened up to me and told me what was involved and he started the remedies for my health. Thank God, i was cured from herpes by the herbal medication I received from him. I never thought that herpes can be cured, from the bottom of my heart I’m truly grateful,i still do not know how it was cure it highly unbelievable it just just too real to be real i pray you have long life so you can help many more people on earth with your herbal medical support. i advice any one that is living with herpes virus should Contact the Great Dr Ace today, because it has the cure to any Disease Email him on Aceherbalcurehome@gmail.com or call him on +2348056391583
    • TamaraHelen12
      Still don’t know the right words to express my Gratitude to the Great Dr.Ace After been diagnosed of HERPES 1 and 2 VIRUS in Feb, i was given so many health prescription and advice with no improvement, I totally lost hope, until i found testimonies of Great Dr. Ace in an online research on Facebook, Like anybody would be, I was very skeptical about contacting him, but i later did and he opened up to me and told me what was involved and he started the remedies for my health. Thank God, i was cured from herpes by the herbal medication I received from him. I never thought that herpes can be cured, from the bottom of my heart I’m truly grateful,i still do not know how it was cure it highly unbelievable it just just too real to be real i pray you have long life so you can help many more people on earth with your herbal medical support. i advice any one that is living with herpes virus should Contact the Great Dr Ace today, because it has the cure to any Disease Email him on Aceherbalcurehome@gmail.com or call him on +2348056391583 ,,.,..
    • TamaraHelen12
      Still don’t know the right words to express my Gratitude to the Great Dr.Ace After been diagnosed of HERPES 1 and 2 VIRUS in Feb, i was given so many health prescription and advice with no improvement, I totally lost hope, until i found testimonies of Great Dr. Ace in an online research on Facebook, Like anybody would be, I was very skeptical about contacting him, but i later did and he opened up to me and told me what was involved and he started the remedies for my health. Thank God, i was cured from herpes by the herbal medication I received from him. I never thought that herpes can be cured, from the bottom of my heart I’m truly grateful,i still do not know how it was cure it highly unbelievable it just just too real to be real i pray you have long life so you can help many more people on earth with your herbal medical support. i advice any one that is living with herpes virus should Contact the Great Dr Ace today, because it has the cure to any Disease Email him on Aceherbalcurehome@gmail.com or call him on +2348056391583 ,,.,
    • TamaraHelen12
      Still don’t know the right words to express my Gratitude to the Great Dr.Ace After been diagnosed of HERPES 1 and 2 VIRUS in Feb, i was given so many health prescription and advice with no improvement, I totally lost hope, until i found testimonies of Great Dr. Ace in an online research on Facebook, Like anybody would be, I was very skeptical about contacting him, but i later did and he opened up to me and told me what was involved and he started the remedies for my health. Thank God, i was cured from herpes by the herbal medication I received from him. I never thought that herpes can be cured, from the bottom of my heart I’m truly grateful,i still do not know how it was cure it highly unbelievable it just just too real to be real i pray you have long life so you can help many more people on earth with your herbal medical support. i advice any one that is living with herpes virus should Contact the Great Dr Ace today, because it has the cure to any Disease Email him on Aceherbalcurehome@gmail.com or call him on +2348056391583 ,,.
  • Featured