World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
wwdamron

NanoViricides

wwdamron

NanoViricides looks like a totally different approach where it binds onto the virus particle and keeps it from attaching to the human cell.

Question: Can anyone shed some light on this?

Also I fount an interesting site that seems to be dedicated to NanoViricides:

https://sites.google.com/site/nanoviricides/

JBnATL

Thanks for posting. This reminded me of something I read a couple of years ago.

Here is a link to an article about a group at LSU who were using nanoviricides to attack HSV:

http://www.news-medical.net/news/20090812/Nanoviricides-herpes-study-discussed-on-CBS-News-report.aspx

Has anyone heard any updates about this group?

JB

wwdamron

Your welcome, thanks for the link. I wonder what LSU has done with that $11.1 million they have received and if it has furthered along their research. I am hoping this could get into a phase 1 trial sometime. This seems to be some good research going on here even though the latest news is from 2009. Did it fail? Or are they still working with it? I would love an answer if anyone knows.

I also noticed some drugs off to the side which may be beneficial for herpes , they are intended for people living in austrailia. looks like austrailia may be moving ahead in anti-viral and vaccines in some aspects than the USA.

NobodyMD

No new approach here

The NNVC approach seems to be doing a few low-level tests, then getting stock newsletters to pump the company. I've seen that approach before. Ends with a lot of people out money.

Rational Response

I tried to contact Ken Rosenthal of Northeastern Ohio School of Medicine on his HerpeCide Nanoviricides, but apparently he can't give out any information of the technology he is working on. Sorry guys, I tried.

[Rational Response],

I am truly sorry but I cannot share any information with you.

KSR