World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
NeighborGirl32

Brand New PLEASE HELP ME

NeighborGirl32
:confused::embarassed::madd: I was jsut diagnosed today with genital herpes and none the less I haven't been able to stop crying, now I know it has to be my boyfriend of the last six months that gave it to me but I am not sure if he even knows he has it. I did read that the time from exposure to genital herpes until the primary outbreak of infection-is generally 2 to 14 days. But some people don't even have any symptoms. I feel so unattractive and I just want to die, but what I really don't want is to tell my boyfriend. I don't know how to start it, I don't know how he is going to take it, if he is gonna look at me any differently and I am just terrified of the whole thing. But it has to be him, we've been on vacation for the past 3 weeks and of course there was lots of "activity" during this time, more so than ever. Then 3 weeks later I go to the doctor and I received my diagnosis. Please someone help me here. I have no clue what I am doing and have no clue how to move forward with this. And I certainly have no idea how to bring it up to my boyfriend.

Hottfoxxy

First u need to educate urself as much as possible about the virus good websites to read is www.hsvblog.org secondly as hard as it is u need to sit him down and explain to him your situation be truthful and honest cause he needs to know whether u got it from him or someone else... Having the talk can be hard but hiding the fact that u have herpes without disclosing can tear u apart more for the fear of always wondering if u may pass it on.. Ur boyfriend should be told and should be tested that way u guys know if he too is infected and whether or not who gave it to who should not be an issue cause either one of u could have carried it for quite some time and u just didn't know u had it... Playing name game is just draining and just senseless.. Things happen sex is a risk no matter who u are with even while using protection.. This virus can be managed with daily antivirals that help reduce transmission and viral shedding as well as the use of condoms.. Do know u can spread this virus with the use of condoms as well but they do offer some protection..

Learn to know ur body and the signs and abstain from sex few days before an outbreak till even one week after all redness, itching, soreness, or blisters even scabs have completely disappeared..

Taking olive leaf extract as well as vitamin c and echinacea daily to boost ur immune systyem.. Note that within the first year of having the virus u tend to have more outbreaks at times and more viral shedding meaning shedding the virus from the skin without and outbreak which Is contagious during this time as well sad part about that is we dont know when we actually viral shed.. U will be fine just be open up front and honest with ur man

notgoingtobeashamed

My story is very similar to yours, i found out today i have gh and now need to tell my bf of a little over 2 months, like you im not looking forward to it and really dont now how to start the conversation but its something im just going to have to grit my teeth and do, the way i see it is he needs to know as he may be one of the ones that has no symptoms and if we split i feel he should know so he can inform any new partners he has