World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
salih703

24/m/va

salih703

Hi. I am 24/M/VA. im new to this site. Basicly I am in a relationship with a female, who has HSV. I am in need of some friends, who maybe can just help support me, in my love for a women with HSV. Help advise me about HSV, and just be my friend. anybody interested.

I also have some questions which only a person in a simular situation like mine can answer. thanks

firefox09

Hi salih703,

I've had genital hsv-1 for the past 4 years. My ex boyfriend gave it to me through oral sex, not knowing that it could be spread this way. We broke up back in December and I recently started dating someone new who is absolutely amazing. I wanted to take things slow with this new guy for numerous reasons, one obvious reason being my STD. We have started to develop a really great connection, and I knew I had to tell him the truth before things progressed any further. After lots of thinking and stressing out about it, I finally got the courage to tell him last Thursday. It was the first time I've ever had to tell someone about it so I was obviously extremely nervous. This guy ended up being really calm about it and he really appreciated the fact that I told him before we had sex. He told me that he really likes me and wants to try to work through it, but just needs some time to think on it.

I wanted to share my story with you because I think I can somewhat relate to what your girlfriend is probably going through. I would suggest talking to her about it. The hardest part of this experience for me is not knowing what my guy is thinking. If I were your girlfriend, I would want you to be as open and comfortable talking with me as possible. Try to avoid listening to everything you find online, as a lot of the information out there is false and negative. Get the facts straight from her, and make an educated decision for yourself as to whether or not you want to continue the relationship. Be honest with her about your feelings and if you don't think this is something you can deal with then I would suggest telling her sooner rather than later.

I wish you the best of luck and if you have any questions about HSV feel free to ask me as well.

-firefox09

salih703

thank you for responding to my post. your information was very helpful, and i appreciate it.