World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
hfighter

Sabine's Vaccine - Good news

hfighter

Hi everyone

Last week I visited my doctor (wich is a virologist) and told me that one off-label treatment that have done well as a treatment againt recurrent herpes is the Sabine Vaccine.

As some people may know, Sabine's vaccine is used for prevent the polio, but the good news is that the antibodies our bodies develop after receiving this vaccine are the same one our bodies develop againt herpes simplex.

She told me that she has given this treatment to childs that have recurrent oral herpes and that after receiving it, the vaccine "cleared" their outbreaks, so altoght not a 100% cure, it decreases the frecuency of oral herpes (wich may work againt genital herpes 1 or 2)

Have anyone tried this?? Have you found clinical trials about it??

I found one and it says:

http://content.karger.com/ProdukteDB/produkte.asp?Doi=251529

In 74% of cases, this treatment resulted in full recovery with no relapse over a follow-up period of 1–4 years. No harmful side-effects whatsoever were noticed in any of the patients.

She told me that she could give it to me, but it could cost me around $300 dlrs.

wwdamron

No offence but this is about 40 years old research. I am surprised your doctor would give this to you, unless she knows something new, this is interesting however because I have said before and will say it again, i believe the cure already exists. I will use Syphillis as an example, once you got syphillis up until about the late 1950's and early 1960's it was believed there was no cure. But remarkably it had existed since 1928. What was this wonder drug? Penicillin. So it had been around 30+ years before it was discovered it could cure Syphillis, maybe al capone would have lived many more years since this is what he died from , the cure was widely available but know one knew it.

Talk to your doctor more, learn maybe where she discovered this research, this is some good breaking news.

hfighter

Exactly ! As I have read in some research sites what she said to me is true, the antibodies we get from sabine vaccine are the same ones our body develop against herpes, it would be like stimulating your body with a vaccine to have MORE antobidoes, also she has givin this to other patients and they dont have severe ob now. So if this is true I am going to try this. Actually getting this vaccine is very hard, due to the fact that polio has been erradicated, so doctors don't use it anymore, but some years ago, some pediatric doctors used it to stop frecuent ob in kids

smithconfused
No offence but this is about 40 years old research. I am surprised your doctor would give this to you, unless she knows something new, this is interesting however because I have said before and will say it again, i believe the cure already exists. I will use Syphillis as an example, once you got syphillis up until about the late 1950's and early 1960's it was believed there was no cure. But remarkably it had existed since 1928. What was this wonder drug? Penicillin. So it had been around 30+ years before it was discovered it could cure Syphillis, maybe al capone would have lived many more years since this is what he died from , the cure was widely available but know one knew it.

Talk to your doctor more, learn maybe where she discovered this research, this is some good breaking news.

Syphilis is caused by a bacteria so penicillin would be an effective treatment. Antibiotics kill bacteria. Herpes, on the other hand, is a virus. There has not been a cure for viruses so far. However, some viruses have vaccines to prevent getting it if you do not already have it.

SuperManFace

Oh man thanks for that. About the cure laying around somewhere, that's just like my belief that vaccinia may be effect. This vaccine would also be dose dependent, I doubt I'd be able to find a doctor that would inject this into me once every two weeks for a year or two. And first I need an official diagnosis.

camomile
So if this is true I am going to try this. Actually getting this vaccine is very hard, due to the fact that polio has been erradicated, so doctors don't use it anymore, but some years ago, some pediatric doctors used it to stop frecuent ob in kids

Are you in Oz or in the US? (or in France?) Your Doctors always seem to come up with something more "cutting edge"?

So this vaccine induces milder ob's? Maybe, it's a case of suck it and see?

Lucky you, I would never be able to see a "virologist" for Herpes here in this country. You got to have a far more exotic disease, apparently..e.g. Malaria....

camomile
Actually getting this vaccine is very hard, due to the fact that polio has been erradicated, so doctors don't use it anymore, but some years ago, some pediatric doctors used it to stop frecuent ob in kids

That isn't the case here. It is still used by the look of it. Sabin is a live oral vaccine (GSK).

helpiamconfused2

FDA or NIH

That isn't the case here. It is still used by the look of it. Sabin is a live oral vaccine (GSK).

Hey, I'm gonna forward and ask them to evaluate.

helpiamconfused2

FDA or NIH

Hey, I'm gonna forward and ask them to evaluate.

calmcollected

This sounds worth looking into further. I was wondering, would it make sense for the partner of somebody who is HSV+ to take the vaccine as well? Let's say you are positive, and your partner isn't, but both take it--maybe that would really decrease the risk of transmission.

And would it still make sense to cop this vaccine, even if one's obs are not so bad, but from the transmission point of view?

amaze

In this day in age, we are bound to be granted the cure for such a disgusting disease... I hope in my lifetime at least... I just hope to be able to touch the ones i love without feeling like a murderer for taking there lives away

wwdamron
This sounds worth looking into further. I was wondering, would it make sense for the partner of somebody who is HSV+ to take the vaccine as well? Let's say you are positive, and your partner isn't, but both take it--maybe that would really decrease the risk of transmission.

And would it still make sense to cop this vaccine, even if one's obs are not so bad, but from the transmission point of view?

Vaccines are usually intended to keep you from getting something, so most likely if a vaccine is developed it will be of little or no benefit to someone who already is infected. It would most likely be taken by the uninfected people. so your partner who is negative probably would benefit the most. A vaccine is not a cure, its to keep you from getting something like HPV or smallpox. Although some vaccines will cure as well or reduce symptons. If you have a cure, there would be no need for a vaccine unless it was something that causes bad health, then both would be good. but in HSV if there was a cure , there would be no market for a vaccine unless the cost or availability of the cure outweighed the vaccine.

camomile

Vaccine for HPV is for both ppl without these viruses and those who already got them.

calmcollected

If it's just three hundred bucks a pop, and could eliminate symptoms as well as prevent transmission, I think it's worth giving it a go. Does anybody know how to get their hands on this?

wwdamron

I read it, but this research is almost 40 years old. Not saying it wouldn;t work. I'm just surprised its still available, the Sabin's Vaccine is the vaccine for polio. We might as well call it the Polio Vaccine, this was phased out in the 1960's for polio. I am very curious as to where your doctor could have gotten their hand on it, for by now I would only think it was a research drug(not regularly available). But I could be wrong it might be an immunization for members of the military who travel to certain destinations, but I am even still skeptical of this, since polio is one of the rarest diseases in the world now, I believe.

calmcollected

I was searching around on Google and saw on a website that the polio vaccine is recommended for traveling to certain parts of South America, and Africa I believe, especially for backpacker-types who go into the jungle and whatnot. That got my hopes up a little that maybe one would not have to jump through hoops to get their hands on it. Now it didn't say which type of polio vaccine to get. Would it matter?

I am actually in one of those far-flung regions right now, but don't know any doctors and have no health insurance.

helpiamconfused2
I was searching around on Google and saw on a website that the polio vaccine is recommended for traveling to certain parts of South America, and Africa I believe, especially for backpacker-types who go into the jungle and whatnot. That got my hopes up a little that maybe one would not have to jump through hoops to get their hands on it. Now it didn't say which type of polio vaccine to get. Would it matter?

I am actually in one of those far-flung regions right now, but don't know any doctors and have no health insurance.

Don't know much about those "far-flung" regions, but surely you can ask around and locate a doctor. Also, do you have any cash? If so, I would suspect you could pay cash and get the vaccine, assuming they are offering it...

If so, let us all know how it goes.

calmcollected

Was there ever a point in time when everyone, let's say in the U.S., got the polio vaccine? Because if so, wouldn't that have gone a long way toward wiping out herpes, if the antibodies were the same or similar?

I am 29 and don't know if I ever got the polio vaccine. It would be difficult for me to find that out to since my mother is no longer alive and I have no idea where my medical records from those days are. Would it matter if you got vaccinated twice?

RealisticGal
Was there ever a point in time when everyone, let's say in the U.S., got the polio vaccine? Because if so, wouldn't that have gone a long way toward wiping out herpes, if the antibodies were the same or similar?

Yes, as kids back in the late 50s and 60s, we were "all" given the polio vaccine here in the USA. I guess it was the Sabin oral vax. We got it on sugar cubes.

But I really can't see how it would be of any help for HSV. The entire Western Hemisphere was certified "polio free" in 1994 as a result of the massive vaccination campaigns, but it clearly did not stop the spread of HSV to many of us who got polio vaxed.