World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
officefan

New Bavi press release.

officefan

I dont know about the everyone else, but I pretty much wait with baited breath for any tidbit from Chimerix, Aicuris or Peregrine. Here's something new about Bavituximab.

http://ir.peregrineinc.com/releasedetail.cfm?releaseid=554884

wwdamron

Hopefully their presentation goes well the end of this month and we get some positive reviews from the conference, This could be a chance to move this study into a phase 2 trial, for it might lead to a major pharmaceutical company picking them up. Hepatitus and HIV have a relationship to the herpes class of virus's. Once you can cure or vaccinate against Hepatitus C or especially HIV , this will be one step closer to a cure or vaccine for the Herpes Virus.

helpiamconfused2
Hopefully their presentation goes well the end of this month and we get some positive reviews from the conference, This could be a chance to move this study into a phase 2 trial, for it might lead to a major pharmaceutical company picking them up. Hepatitus and HIV have a relationship to the herpes class of virus's. Once you can cure or vaccinate against Hepatitus C or especially HIV , this will be one step closer to a cure or vaccine for the Herpes Virus.

I listened to Peregrine's talk at some health conference this week. They talked about Bavi and DID mention that Bavi could be used to treat herpes viruses... That's about all they said... so it sounds like they may be looking at it, but like everyone else - they need money. It also looks like the US gvt has pulled back some money on some of their other research programs as well...

Katiehope

Well we have to stick together and keep pushing these people. It's ridiculous that we don't have a cure yet.

Sabrina32

agreed there is strength in numbers and it is ridiculous that something has not yet been done about hsv

talesofagirl

I wish we could convince them to do the hsv study in conjunction with another. Most of their candidates probably have hsv-1, anyway. And their hiv candidates likely have hsv-2, at least a healthy percentage.

Sabrina32

they really dont even have to do an actual study. If any of the participants have a history of diagnosed hsv a simple antibody test would tell if it cured or not.

wwdamron
I wish we could convince them to do the hsv study in conjunction with another. Most of their candidates probably have hsv-1, anyway. And their hiv candidates likely have hsv-2, at least a healthy percentage.

im sure it will happen someday

Sol

Has anyone heard about this.. any members from Russia? Herpovax and Vitaherpavac herpes simplex

vaccines developed in Russia are discussed in the article. Positive clinical results achieved allow to

recommend Vitaherpavac vaccine as a treatment of herpes simplex infections of differe