World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
mc2118

Please offer your opinion and personal experience!

mc2118

I have recently found out that I have genital herpes, and since then, I have been going over in my head how I could have possibly missed this. I was married for 5 years and everything was normal, always tested negative to everything. Since being divorced, I have been with a few people within the last year. Most recently, I've been with the same person for about 6 months. But I just now have had my first herpes lesion down below.. Just a single little sore, with no other symptoms.. I was like "where in the world did this come from?? Surely I would've known by now!" But then I got to thinking... Over the summer, about 7 or 8 months ago, I started seeing someone new and we were intimate a few times.. and around this same time I started not to feel well.. muscle aches, chills, sore throat, etc.. it went away and about a month later it happened again.. I am wondering if maybe this was a result of my herpes infection and did not realize it.. Could I have had this without any gential symptoms??? Has anyone ever had any experience with this??

JBnATL

There is really no way to tell exactly when you might have acquired the virus. It could have been the person you lost your virginity to or anyone after that. This virus can lay dormant for years without surfacing.

Don't waste time trying to figure this out. Concentrate on how to boost your immune system so that this is not a problem for you in the future. Educate yourself on this little virus so that if you need to tell someone in the future, you are prepared to answer any questions they may have about it.

Come to the Chat Room, there you will find many nice fellow Herpsters who can offer you their advice.

Good luck!

JB