World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
wastedhousewife

Forgiveness, revisited

wastedhousewife

I was diagnosed with GH in June. I got it from my current boyfriend who did not know he had it. He said he had been tested (didn't mention he had been tested 2 years prior), but it is what it is. I was over it, and we are happy. He is terrific and trustworthy and funny. I have no complaints about our relationship. Even the GH, I've gotten over.

I confirmed today that I have herpes in my eyes, as well. Herpes keratitis. My eyes are swollen and red, have blisters around them, and my vision is a fucking mess. I will probably be okay, my doctor is great and I'm doing everything I can treatment-wise.

I still just want to have a tantrum. I want to just scream "it's not fair" until my throat hurts. I've been with 2 people in the last 6 years, it's not like I was sleeping around. I just have the worst luck! This hurts, almost as much as my first GH outbreak - and it is on my face! Not only that, but has been affecting my vision for weeks. It's so frustrating. I do not want to be mad at him, but I'd also like to throw my laptop at someone. Luckily he is out of town, and the dog never gave me herpes, and I like my laptop...so I will probably just stew.

Granted, it is the last night before lent (I'm not a hugely practicing Catholic, but I do abstain from alcohol every year for Lent), so maybe this is the wine talking? Or the lesions on my eyelids and corneas? What would they say if they could talk? I feel some creepy haiku therpay coming on...

JBnATL

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but glad to hear the prognosis is for you to recover. From what I have read herpes keratitis is very rare.

Come to the Chat Room, there you will find many nice fellow Herpsters who can offer you their advice.

Good luck!

JB