World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
troubledinOH

I'm an emotional wreck!!!

troubledinOH

I contracted HSV-2 about 22 years ago from my now ex-wife. I have recently met a fantastic girl. We love each other and can't stand to be apart. She was just diagnosed with breast cancer and recently divorced from an abusive husband. She's now going through chemo treatments and has been really rough on her. How do I break this news to her. She already has so many personal hurdles of her own to conquer, she doesn't deserve another. Typing this is killing me inside. I can't sleep and the problem is that we both know deep down inside we are meant to be. I don't know how to break the news to her, or even know if I'm strong enought to. She means so much to me and doesn't deserve this.

TMC

Maybe this will seem quite insignificant compared to her problems? I don't mean that in an offensive way or anything but she has something that can be life threatening and we don't. Theres a good chance she would see it that way too do you not think? I just think its bound to not be as bad as you think. You're there supporting her and being great by her, so why would a skin virus change that :)

troubledinOH

TMC, Thank you. She told me yesterday that she was afraid to tell me about her cancer because she thought I would run. There is more to my character than that and I told her so. I couldn't leaver her in her time of need. It just scares to to death to lose the one person i am totally head over heals for.

inquiring1

Just One More Thing

Hi OH,

HSV is just one more thing she needs to know about you. I'm confused? Have you already been intimate with this woman? Not any of my business, but that is the only reason I can think of that she might take exception to if you are telling her after the fact.

I am certain that if she cares for you as much as you seem to care for her it will not be an issue. I would suggest that her immune system is going to be very delicate if it exsists at all during chemo, so she will probably be most at risk for contrating HSV then.

Hope all goes well,

Inquiring1

troubledinOH

Inquiring1, Thank you for responding. I have not been intimate with her nor would I ever do that to someone before I explained my situation. The part that scares me the most is the fact she is going through chemo and would she want to put herself at risk being with someone like me. Rest assured, I am going to tell her but I'm terrified of the results.

TMC

Good luck telling her. I'm sure she knows you would never leave her during this difficult time and appreciates it a lot, and so would hopefully treat you in the same way. Also, i'm guessing sex is not the first thing on her mind right now either if shes unwell so 'putting herself at risk' as you say would probably not be either. Best of luck, hope it goes well and i'm sure it will you sound like a great guy :)

troubledinOH

TMC, Thank you. I don't think sex is right now, she says she needs to concentrate on her and getting well and I can totally understand that. I wouldn't do anything before I told her anyways. And thank you for the compliment, I try, but sometimes it's hard. Take care and you don't sound so bad yourself :-)

Sabrina32

i wish you guys the best of luck i really hope it works out for you

troubledinOH

Thank you all for your support. I have had maybe 9 hours of sleep over the past 3 days, that's how much it's hurting me. I'm away on a trip and I want to pick up the phone and tell her, but I'm not sure that's the right way to do it. Part of me wants to just to get it over with. I'm so confused!!!!

Doc Holiday

22 years with HSV??????? Do you even get outbreaks anymore????????? Your body should have cured itself from this virus, well or at least build up a strong enough immunity to it to where it just lays dormant for the rest of your life.

troubledinOH

I do occassionally, maybe 1-2 a year. I haven't taken any kind of medication for this, maybe that's still why I get them.