World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Stevie

Any suggestions?

Stevie

I was diagnosed about a month ago. It's been tough and I have my bad days, but I'm trying to get through it. Sometimes I feel really alone. I'm not sure which I have ghsv1 or 2. I was currently sleeping with someone when my first ob happened. We both thought he gave it to me because my ob occurred about two weeks after we had first slept together. But we abstained from sex because we didn't want him to get it just in case. His doctor tested him for it and he doesn't have it. I think I had it before him and friction caused my ob. We still talk but he is about to move in about three weeks. We haven't had sex since my first ob. We both really like each other but I don't think we will have a long distance relationship.

We have talked about hsv, because both of our doctors told us information about it. I really want to have sex with him again because he is leaving and I just want to be close like that with him at least once before we go our separate ways, but I just don't know how to ask him. I told him about how it is a 3% per year chance for a woman to give it to a man in she doesn't have an outbreak. And if you use a condom it is even less. But I didn't really say anything after that. I will completely understand if he doesn't want to take the risk. I am honestly scared of being rejected, as silly as it sounds.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to ask him?

BeautifulBug

Rejection is a big thing that we all fear. he already know that you have it. so if i was you i would just ask. just let him know that you dont have and outbreak. Just say i know you maybe uncomfortable with it but i was wondering if we could have sex. hope that helped.

Stevie

Yeah, you are right. I guess the worst that could happen is if he says no. And I would understand why. Thanks!

ScaryJimmy

How did your doctor diagnose you? How did his doctor diagnose him as being negative?

It's pretty important to know the type, as if you both have the same type then you won't have to worry about transmitting it back and forth.

BeautifulBug

I still have good and bad days. The thing is you just cant let this keep you down. Think about the good things in life. Me i wanna go public with it but fear to the small minded people i live around. So Im try to find away around that. so just know you gone have ups and down. just dont let it keep you down.. Once again you can hit me up whenever..