World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Dancer444

Waiting on answers.

Dancer444

This is still very new and hard for me to admit, but maybe the more i talk about it the easier it will become.

I visited my doctor yesterday because i thought i had tearing from intercourse and was scared i could have gotten something else. The doctor soon informed me that I had in fact been infected with herpes. At this point im still waiting on the test result for what strain i have but either way I know this will be life changing.

Trying to get past the feeling of being completely dirty, and cutting down the stigma i once bought into about this virus is a lot harder then i ever thought it would be. its only been a day an i feel emotionally drained. But whats harder then admitting it to myself that i messed up, is telling the guy i'm sleeping with about it. I have no idea how he will react or even what to say.

crossing my fingers that everything will work out!

JBnATL

Visual diagnosis is the most inaccurate test available. Did he also do a swab test? Or a blood test? If you just acquired the virus your blood test may come back negative. Those tests look for antibodies in your blood to the virus and it can take your immune system 3 - 4 months to create them.

Even if you have herpes it does not have to be life changing. Although many people have told me that getting herpes has changed their lives for the better. They eat healthier and are more selective in whom they date. You can live a normal life, I know I have.

And if you do have it, it more than likely came from this guy. So you would be doing him a favor by telling him.

Come to the Chat Room, there you will meet many nice fellow Herpsters who can offer you their support.

Good luck!

JB

Dancer444

they did the swab but no blood test. I still feel like i should tell him, am i doing the right thing?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Waiting4newlife
      Hi, I am living with this disease for the last 2 years. I am unmarried and I want to that anyone here has protected their female partner from transmitting both hsv 1/2 and achieved parenthood?. Please help, doctors will not have answers for this  Only you people know it. 
    • fixme1
      Like alot of jobs people keep going even if they are against what they have to do.its money for them and if they don't have an ob or positive blood results they will carry on 
    • ThatSGguy
      Hi guy,  Just diagnosed and trying to move on with my life. Understanding to prevent further outbreak, we would be best to stay actively healthy both mentally and physically.  Due to my nature of work, I am always under pressure. Should I plan on quitting and look for another job that is well suitable for my current condition or is manageable?  :,) 
    • Waiting4newlife
      I jus wrote to them, let's wait for the reply 
    • Goran123
      I have no choice, I have tried everything on this planet regarding holistic approach. Nothing work so far. Now I am on Neem, does not work. I just keep trying new things as I go along. I believe some like me actually have a very strong immune system (have not been sick since I can remember, maybe 9-10 years) but my immune system does not recognise my HSV, so it just does what it wants, thats why the continuous OB's.  Don't think about ending life, life is to priceless. This is not cancer. Try to date a guy who have it as well, then there would be something you could fight together.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.