World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
lswh11

Oral Sex Question

lswh11

I have GHSV2. I've recently started dating someone with GHSV 1. If I perform oral sex what are the chances of me getting HSV1 oral being that I already have GHSV 2. Also what if she performs Oral on me? Is it likely that she will get Genital 2 and/or Oral 2?

wwdamron
I have GHSV2. I've recently started dating someone with GHSV 1. If I perform oral sex what are the chances of me getting HSV1 oral being that I already have GHSV 2. Also what if she performs Oral on me? Is it likely that she will get Genital 2 and/or Oral 2?

it is possible, i think there is around a 2% chance you can contract it. if you were to where a condom that decreases the risk to almost zero if she performs on you. But even with a condom it is still possible(but minimal) you could contract ghsv1 or her ghsv2. It might be possible for you to reduce the risk if you are taking anti-virals for several days before and during oral sex and also reduced if she takes them to and even better if both you take them and of course not showing no symptons. But there is always a chance these are just things i'm explaining which reduce the risks.

lswh11

Thanks for the reply! Any other opinions? just want to make sure everyone is in agreement