World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
browneyes73

Feeling Better....but....

browneyes73

okay...so I am feeling alot better. BUT...i went to see an infectious disease doctor and had my labs sent also. He basically insinuated that I cheated on my husband and thats how I got it....which he's not even sure if I have herpes. My labs were too low to be considered positive (IgG) and the IgM was also to low to be considered positive of a new infection. So he wants to repeat the tests in 6 weeks. He looked in my nose and eyes(I have blisters in my nose and my eyes are red and burning) he said all he sees is dry skin!!!!! I can tell you I have blisters in my nose...you cant miss them!!!He said it is very rare to get it in your eyes or nose and he really doesnt think its that. On the other hand he couldnt tell me what it was either! He is supposed to be "the infectious disease guy" in the area. I also went to a ophthamologist to look at my eyes...he said my eyes have no infection.He said there is inflammation and dryness but that could be from crying (which I havent stopped doing since Tuesday). Then why are they burning 24/7? Is it possible that being on Valtrex for 48 hours prior to these appointments cleared it up enough that they arent seeing it???? I also see NEW pimples on my genitals. Can that happen? my first show of symptoms was about 2 weeks ago. Confused and dont know what to believe. My gut is telling me this is herpes but every MD I go to says theyre not sure and maybe I just "picked up" some strange virus. I dont go around with my vag hanging out! I was a virgin when I met my husband 23 years ago! I am tired of this whole thing and just want to wake up and its all been a nightmare.

package deal

find a new doctor. the one your seeing is a jerk. What makes this doc think that you had to cheated on your hubby and got the virus instead of the other way around? sense you were a virgin when you meet and married your hubby and you do have herpies then you had better look toward your husband because he the only one who could of given it to you.

it is possible that your hubby had the virus when he meet you and it just now showing it ugly head. however dormat for 23 years plus. Unlikely. i would go see another doc and have him take a swab of the things you say that look like blisters. If it is herpies and you just contacted it your body make of not had time to build antiboties to it yet. also have those test retaken again ion 6 weeks but by a different doc

then i be asking your hubby for a explaination

browneyes73

I am definitely going to go to a different doctor. I really don't think my husband cheated on me. We have a great relationship and It really is not him to do something like that. I don't mean to sound naive but I really do trust him.