World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
prairiegirl

How to protect partner from OB sites outside of condom area??

prairiegirl

Hi, everyone. I was diagnosed a month ago with HSV 2. My initial outbreak is almost cleared up, but also included sores on the inside of my thigh and surprisingly enough, one sore on my knee. That really weirded me out!! Yesterday, I found a few sores on the outside of my vagina. :(

I'm not planning on being sexually active anytime soon (understatement!), but I'm worried about the future risk of spreading the herpes that I've had in areas that cannot be protected by a condom. If you've had sores in other areas, does that mean that you will always pose a risk to a partner if they rub against you there? Also, is it normal to have sores in so many different places??

I just want to be as informed as possible so that when I'm in a relationship I can do my best to protect them. Any info on this would be appreciated!

Hottfoxxy

Yes sores can pop up on ur thighs ur butt inside ur vigina and outside it as well.. Also u can contract it on ur fingers so be very careful the first year is the worst where u can actually spread it around ur body so try to keep hands off and washed.. U are contagious anywhere in the boxer short area and anywhere u have had outbreaks even at times when no sores are present during viral shedding so u will have to be very careful.. Taking daily antivrals everyday along with vitamin c and olive leaf xtract can help reduce outbreaks as well as viral shedding.. Avoid sec before and outbreak during one and at least one full week after all sores and including scabs and redness are completely gone

Kitty123

When I was first diagnosed I found 3 red dots going all down my thigh and even on my knee. That's it. They weren't blisters, just red dots. They went away about a week after my initial OB was over. I had no sores anywhere else, but if they were sores, then I could've easily passed it off as nothing!

I now take antivirals a daily multi, plus an extra vitamin C and other extra vitamins just for my overall health.

prairiegirl

Hi Hottfoxxy and Kitty 123 - thanks for replying!

Hottfoxxy - I read that viral shedding happens the most in the first year, although, I guess, no matter what, someone I sleep with will always be at risk since I've had outbreaks outside of the boxer area. I'll look into the olive leaf extract - I'm assuming it is taken in liquid form? I'm taking lysine right now, but no anti-virals. I want to see how things progress naturally first before considering prescription meds because I already take meds for another condition and would prefer not to take more if I don't have to.

Kitty123 - It's nice to know that the red dots only happened for you after the initial OB. I hope I won't get them again! You are so right - if they were sores than they wouldn't be so stressful. I'm assuming that you've never passed on herpes to someone else's thigh or knee?

Hottfoxxy

Yes viral shedding does happen alot in the first year but also continues but as they say at a less rate the longer u have it .. How true that is who really knows.. I take olive leaf xtract in pill form they also have liquid.. It's ur choice whether or not to pursue antivirals but valtrex has been proven to reduce outbreaks lessen the time of one if u do get one as well as reduce viral shedding and reduce transmission rates to a partner just something to think about good luck sweety {{hugs}}