World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
HiddenSecretsx

how long have you all had herpes? do you get alot of out breaks?

HiddenSecretsx

about a yr and a half... :madd:

and ive had about 2 or 3 really bad out breaks and about 2 or 3 mild outbreaks

and i take acyclovir

Kitty123

I've had HSV2 since July 2010 and I contracted it from a dishonest partner.

My initial OB was not that bad in comparison to what I have read on this forum. I didn't even have lesions.

I have only had maybe 2 outbreaks since then (still without sores), and I take daily suppressive therapy (500mg of Valtrex daily)

Contracted from dishonest partner as well.

I've had it for a long time, 11 years ago. I've only had two partners since then.

/\ pretty bad looking at those numbers or good depending on how you are, I guess.

At the start I got 1-3 outbreaks a year but then went to the Dr. got valtrex completed the bottle and haven't had any more doses and ever since then I only get 1 outbreak maybe every 1-2 years, it all depends on your physical and emotional attitude towards your health.

those two girls have never approached me about them contracting it from me, so I've been very careful with being intimate and feel I pretty much have it under control for the most part.

If you exercise eat right and don't get stressed out to the max you'll be okay. Guys try to stay away from tight pants/underwear and extreme cold, also alcohol and smoking will increase the chances of an outbreak, just FYI for those that don't know already.

itsbeentoolong

I thought it was 18 years, but it's actually 19. I had three outbreaks the first year and haven't had any since. I've never taken meds for it. Didn't even know about meds until a few years ago!

I had two partners after contracting it (before the whole shedding concept evolved), and to my knowlege neither were infected.

The lack of outbreaks is really the clincher to me dealing with it. Being on this site is really the first time I've actuallly givin it some attention. The denial seems to work for me. :)

anabel002

My first outbreak was I think August or September of 2010. I got it from unprotected sex. And sheer stupidity on my part. I had an awful first breakout, which lasted about two weeks. Then, I had a second outbreak this February. It was much milder, with only about 5 blisters, and it lasted about a week. Sigh.

Questiongirl

I'm 21. Had it about 8 months now. I was having mild (only one or two sores) every two weeks for about 2 months. Then I started taking valtrex every other day and I was still getting mild outbreaks about once a month. So then I started everyday 500mg of valtrex and I don't have an outbreak unless I skip a pill. Like I did a few days ago. :(

Fairy dust

Hi I've had Hsv2 for 27 years since I was 19. Unfortunatley I am one of those whose immune system just doesn't seem to get to grips with this virus!

I live and eat heathily but have always had almost constant obs, sometimes back to back. I get very tired and achy with sores which range from hardly noticeable to full on oozing large patches.

I finally sought help last year and am now on suppression meds (Acyclovir) which thank heavens has meant I have not had an OB for 11 months which is fab. I still get the odd groin ache and weird feeling but no full on OB!

I think this virus affects everyone differently which is why this site is so good as you can get some great info and support here.

package deal

I am going on 3 years and I dont have a lot of ob maybe once a year.

blackbeauty82

11 years. During my teens and early 20's I didnt' have many outbreaks. Nowadays I get an outbreak once or twice a month :-(.

Katiehope

7 or 8 years - monthly OB's that are better now that I take daily anti virals. Still frequent but not as bad.