World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
life is good

just diagnosed and the doctor was no help

life is good

3 days ago I woke up with red bumps in my vaginal area. Went to the doctor and was told it was contact dermatitis. The next day the bumps turned to white lesions. There was no pus no drainage ( 3 days later still none) Went back was told it was a fungal infection by the 3rd day today it was painful unable to move. I have fever , chills and feel tired. I went to the doctor and told me "oh boy thats herpes" ! I have been married for ten years and belive my hubby is faithful. We had sexual contact about 2 weeks ago. The day after the contact he had a cold sore. The doctor told me I probably got it from that. Thats all the info I got. Will I always have it , is it differant because it come from oral contact through a cold sore ? My husband feels terrible and such a fluck think has turned into a nightmare. He had no sore at the contact time so how was we suppose to know ! Just so many emtions right now grrrr

package deal

it a life sentence. herpies 1 (or 2) does not go away and there no cure either

Denise 07

Well unfortunately with herpes you can still pass it without a sore being present this is called viral shedding. You can click on the links to your right in the library and find more info about this. I'm married as well and was 13 1/2 yrs married when I got my first genital outbreak. I have never seen a sore on my husband's mouth and we've been together for 21 years. Some people can just carry the virus and pass it on without knowing it. They can get oral herpes in childhood by just getting a simple kiss on the cheek by a relative. You can take suppressive meds or not depending on how many outbreaks you get. I've only had the one major one in November 2009 so I just take lysine daily which is an herbal medicine amino acid. My husband I still do everything we always done in the bedroom and everything has been fine. Just take it day by day and it will get easier in time. I don't even think about it much anymore. Also I would get a blood test to find out for sure that you do indeed have this. My husband and I both got tested and we were both positive. We had old infections and it layed dormant for me. Also your doctor can't just give you a visual diagnosis he needs to give you a culture to send in for 10 days or so and than you'll know for sure if it's herpes or not. Also you'll know which type 1 or 2 because 1 in the genital area you usually don't have very many outbreaks because it isn't in the place of preference for it. Good Luck and I hope that you can get more information to help you :) Also you have to have a fresh sore for them to do a culture test.