LIVINGTHEDREAM

Ggggggggrrrrr!!!

LIVINGTHEDREAM

IM 22YR OLD FEMALE

I HAVE HERPES

HAVE HAD IT FOR 2 YRS

I HAVE A BOYFRIEND

HE DOES NOT HAVE HERPES

I GOT HERPES THROUGH NO FAULT OF MY OWN!!!

IM DEMANING A CURE!!!

I WANT MY NUNNY BACK NORMAL!!!

I WANT MY BF TO NOT HAVE 2 WEAR CONDOMS AND TO GO DOWN ON ME WITHOUT WORRYING!!!!!

THAT IS ALL!!!! :madd::D:madd::D:madd::D:madd:

JBnATL

Did you know if you take daily antiviral meds you can reduce the risk of transmission by 50%? Here is a link to a good article that talks about transmission rates. Also the longer you have it the less you are contagious.

http://www.hsvblog.org/herpes-simplex-virus-hsv-101/

As you can see, it really isn't that easy to pass along.

Come to the Chat Room, there you will find many nice fellow Herpsters who can offer you their support.

Good luck!

JB

Aayolee

Acyclovir made me go bald:( lol lol its a really messed up situation actually, from bouncy hair to a shiny scalp lol oh and wigs lots of wigs lol. My point is we really should advocate for a cure its not as fatal as hiv or cancer and i thank the gods in heaven that wont kill me. On the other hand the stigma and the emotional strain can be just has devastating.

firstday

I absolutely think that work should be done on finding a cure.

I also think that herpes and hepatitis belong on the standard health department panel. I was getting tested there regularly thinking that I could trust that I was clean when they said I was.

RBeanie

It amazes how all some people can think about here is a cure for a nuisance virus that we can all live with instead of heart disease, cancer, AIDs, diabetes etc all of which are life threatening. This virus will not kill you! I know the stigma can make it hard to live with but come on, it aint impossible to live with! I have a chronic kidney stone problem of which doctors cannot figure out why I make them so frequently. If I was given the chance to be cured of kidney stones or herpes, I would, without a second thought, say kidney stones. I am so tired of living in almost daily pain of passing stones. I'm going on 20 yrs since I passed my 1st stone and let me tell you, it has only gotten worse over the years. Herpes DOES get easier to live with as time goes by. I've had it over 6 yrs and there are many times I forget I have it. I rarely have OBs now. A far cry from the 1st year I had it. Instead of thinking you all have it so bad, think about those people who have it far worse than you do. :(

Hottfoxxy

yes r beanie what u have said here is true but at the same time it does not make it any easier for all of us that are affected by this disease.... it affects u not only physically but mentally as well and im sure u already know this.. being accepted into society is not an easy task with this virus and to be honest with u if I did not have this virus i don't know if i could be with someone who told me that had it especially how I know how much it affects u negatively... knowing i could possibly transfer this to a partner no matter how many precautions I take doesn't sit well with me.. i feel less of a person because of it no matter how many people say someone out there will accept u for it,,,it has taken away so much form me and I know I shldn't allow it too but it has Ive carried this crap for 6 yrs and it hasn't made me feel any better about it.. as to say I have very minimal outbreaks and very few in between it still doesn't change the fact that I don't feel sexy nor attractive and I hate it with all my sole... sorry to be soooo down just very angry sad and bitter

firstday

Beanie

We all know there is worse but we are here to reclaim self esteem and lift each others spirits, not to be stinky doodoos.

RBeanie

Not being a stinky doodoo. Just being a realist and realizing that this is a very minor thing and I would rather see someone's quality of life improve who's dealing with something that is decreasing their quality of life or possibly slowly killing them. Yes, I know the stigma can be tough. I've been through worse growing up not being accepted when I was younger because I didn't look or act a certain way. In fact, some adults treat others still just as badly only in a different way. You're going to have people judge you no matter what in your life. You have to pick yourself up just as you always do. Herpes just adds one more thing to the list of things to be judged about and not everyone is going to judge you on that. You have to put on your big girl/big boy pants and be above it. Coming here and coming into the chatroom and talking to others can help you deal with it. But you have to be receptive to the positive advice that's given to you or else it just becomes a pity party and you don't get anything from it. Chear up, guys. It gets better.

LifeIsUnexpected

I can understand your pain, but I can also relate to what others are saying. My 7 year old son suffers from systemic arthritis, I would much rather see a cure for that before a cure for herpes. He lives in pain, can't always play with his friends, his joints are being damaged daily, and yet he never complains. He has taught me so much and I deal with my virus in a different way because of him.