World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
smile1631

How close are we to complete cure/non-transmission

smile1631

I am new to the site and have been reading a lot of threads, but mostly the possible cure research. There is so much out there and was wondering if anyone can put it into simple terms/time line of whats to come/being worked on and looks promising. I was diagnosed about 3 months ago and luckily have not had terrible outbreaks, mostly just itching. I do take valtrex daily for suppression. I am really just hoping they come out with something that will eliminate the spreading to partners because I can live with the virus as i thankfully don't get painful outbreaks but spreading it to others scares me greatly. Any feedback is appreciated.

wwdamron

Many years, Dr. Halford, Dr. Bloom, Dr. Cullen & Dr. Frazer seem to be the furthest along in this research. But I think the cure already exists and scientists do not know it. I don;t know which will happen first, They stumble upon it because it exists soimewhere or they develop it. If they develop it , most likely a vaccine will be achieved, a cure will probably be later. I say minimum 15 years for approved use in most countries. Maybe 2 years in third world countries.

Sweet7

Where did you get the information that AIC-316 is coming out this year? The results of their phase II trial will be out this year, but we don't know for sure when it will be on the market. I think most people think it will be out in 2014 but I've heard it could take longer. Sure hope not. If you haven't checked out my watch list, and other's watch list, you may want to do so. I posted mine in the clinical trials section at the top of the cures section of this forum. Also, there are petitions you can sign to help boost research dollars. Just do a search and you will find threads on that. Best of luck to ya!

wwdamron

That is speculation, but they havent reached phase III yet. I believe your talking about AIC316 , I beleive it is Not viral transmitting, but is viral shedding is what you mean. So this is not a cure nor a vaccine, but a stronger anti-viral which will reduce the risk of an outbreak or transmission, not eliminate transmission. They are one of the front runners in a new drug for the treatment of herpes but this does not stop it from being transmitted it just reduces the risk maybe, the other front runners in my opinion are cmx001 and Vivagel. I'm also assuming you are talking about the Herpes Simplex Virus.

Vical may be coming out with a vaccine for the cytomegalovirus (CMV), sooner. They are working on vaccines for other Herpes virus's as well, except their hsv is just in a research phase.

And there are several companies working on a better Herpes Zoster vaccine.

cakes

How do you know that aic wont work against viral shedding theres only two ways to spread it and thats through outbreaks and viral shedding we didnt even get the results yet wich are coming out march 16th

helpiamconfused2
How do you know that aic wont work against viral shedding theres only two ways to spread it and thats through outbreaks and viral shedding we didnt even get the results yet wich are coming out march 16th

What results are coming out March 16th and where did you get this info?

cakes

AiCuris GmbH & Co. KG Appoints Marie-Paule Richard as Chief Medical Officer

01/18/2011

AiCuris GmbH & Co. KG announced that Dr. Marie-Paule Richard has assumed the responsibility of Chief Medical Officer. After six years at Bristol-Myers Squibb as a medical-marketing Manager, Dr. Richard joined Aventis Pharma as European Clinical Project Manager in a French-Japanese joint-venture, then as Director in the global anti-infectives corporate clinical department.

AiCuris GmbH & Co. KG Presents at 13th annual Superbugs & Superdrugs conference, Mar-16-2011 04:30 PM

12/24/2010

AiCuris GmbH & Co. KG Presents at 13th annual Superbugs & Superdrugs conference, Mar-16-2011 04:30 PM. Venue: Millennium Gloucester Hotel, London, United Kingdom. Speakers: Helga Rübsamen-Waigmann, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director.

AiCuris GmbH & Co. KG Completes Phase II Genital Herpes Trial with AIC316 Ahead of Time

12/8/2010

AiCuris GmbH & Co. KG announced that the last subject has completed their Phase-II trial 'A double-blind randomized placebo controlled dose-finding trial to investigate different doses of a new antiviral drug in subjects with genital HSV Type 2 infection'. The trial has been completed two months earlier than planned. Indeed, in the later stages of the trial, enrolment had to be restricted as the number of subjects was higher than the number that was required to be enrolled according to the trial protocol. The company plans to have the first data available in early 2011.

helpiamconfused2
AiCuris GmbH & Co. KG Appoints Marie-Paule Richard as Chief Medical Officer

01/18/2011

AiCuris GmbH & Co. KG announced that Dr. Marie-Paule Richard has assumed the responsibility of Chief Medical Officer. After six years at Bristol-Myers Squibb as a medical-marketing Manager, Dr. Richard joined Aventis Pharma as European Clinical Project Manager in a French-Japanese joint-venture, then as Director in the global anti-infectives corporate clinical department.

AiCuris GmbH & Co. KG Presents at 13th annual Superbugs & Superdrugs conference, Mar-16-2011 04:30 PM

12/24/2010

AiCuris GmbH & Co. KG Presents at 13th annual Superbugs & Superdrugs conference, Mar-16-2011 04:30 PM. Venue: Millennium Gloucester Hotel, London, United Kingdom. Speakers: Helga Rübsamen-Waigmann, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director.

AiCuris GmbH & Co. KG Completes Phase II Genital Herpes Trial with AIC316 Ahead of Time

12/8/2010

AiCuris GmbH & Co. KG announced that the last subject has completed their Phase-II trial 'A double-blind randomized placebo controlled dose-finding trial to investigate different doses of a new antiviral drug in subjects with genital HSV Type 2 infection'. The trial has been completed two months earlier than planned. Indeed, in the later stages of the trial, enrolment had to be restricted as the number of subjects was higher than the number that was required to be enrolled according to the trial protocol. The company plans to have the first data available in early 2011.

Thanks... I hope the results are soon.

kwaku

Smile, check hsvblog.org and check the hsv research tab. it has outlined in order all the current research going on with dates.

ATGC

don't be so f...g hysterical. consider it done and go on. bloom will deliver some 100 % suppressant pretty soon if you will. i won't.

cakes

You people dont even know what your talking about .. Then you shouldnt say anything at all ...ATG AND WW

ATGC

i just don't get it why ppl are so f...g interested in some Aicuris kind of lethal shit which is supposed to come out in 2014 - !!! years man, years. it is better to deplete the viral load by letting it come out without letting it replenish - and achieve asymptomatic level without some prescription suppressants. and consider it done.

okay, it is great if bloom manages to vectorize his ribozymes into the ganglia - and THAT i do understand as a thing worth waiting for. and that is a thing one should know about in a couple of months.

but this aicuris shit i just don't get it. it is shit anyway.

wwdamron
i just don't get it why ppl are so f...g interested in some Aicuris kind of lethal shit which is supposed to come out in 2014 - !!! years man, years. it is better to deplete the viral load by letting it come out without letting it replenish - and achieve asymptomatic level without some prescription suppressants. and consider it done.

okay, it is great if bloom manages to vectorize his ribozymes into the ganglia - and THAT i do understand as a thing worth waiting for. and that is a thing one should know about in a couple of months.

but this aicuris shit i just don't get it. it is shit anyway.

I didn't know that Aicuris was working on a lethal drug? I didn;t know they were working on shit either. I think AIcuris is a great company they are further along than most companies in HSV-2 research than most. Why bash something that is trying to help you. It is going to be years not weeks or months before you see any real results. Ask yourself what are you doing to help speed this process up?

I am very interested in Aicuris research and I think most people agree, what would be your suggestions which company do you like. I am assuming your waiting on Bloom's research, he hasn;t even reached the pre-clinical stage. So his research will probably be more like the year 2020 or later before you see any of it in the market(assuming it works).

My favorite company is Vical right now. They are posting new info on their CMV research it seems like every week. They appear in my mind to be working on getting a major backer. I could be totally wrong, but I think Vical especially and Amgen(eventually to a lesser degree) will be the companies to watch. Their research is going to lead to a vaccine or cure faster than anyone else in my mind, for all types of Herpes diseases.