World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
jones

Please Help me

jones

Please help me I am very scared right now.

I have only ever had 2 partners, the 2nd partner I have married and been with for almost 20 years.

When my current partner and I were together for a few years I got cystitits and then thrush, I then put loads and loads of caneston creme on it. Afterwards I developed a rash and went back to the doctors where he said I had gh. I was devasted, they did a blood test but said it was negative but I defintaly had it. I couldnt understand and was destraught. My partner is fine and always has been as far as we know.He is very supportive.

I believed it was a mistake and an allergic reaction to the amount of creme I used. Since then I went years without nothing. Then 2 weeks ago I felt a lump, like a bite in my bum crack and my bum was sore(before it was my virginia) I thought it was a bite of sort, then a week later I had a tiny rash and put some hydrocortoson creme on it. Then after another few days I saw blisters and used the creme for another few days. Then I researched on the web and realised it is the dreaded H again.

Now, im frantic with worry because I put hydrocortoson creme on and it says on the net that it can make things worse, also im getting fever symtoms and my face and eyes feel weird and im in total panic that I have spreaded it.

I am in a right state now, please please can someone help me. As I dont know what to do. I currently in a foreign country and cant go to the doctors.

ScaryJimmy

You need to go to a doctor and ask them for a swab test on your lesions and an IGG Type Specific blood test. From my own experience, it just takes a bit more work to get medical care in a foreign country.

If your symptoms are HSV then I doubt very much that you have spread it. I have made my skin very irritated by plastering on hydrocortisone cream in a panic.

jones

thanks for replying. I have just noticed the blisters are only on one side of my butt cheek, so perhaps or could be shingles this time? I would like to add though that inside my chest is burning - do you have this with gh at all?

Thanks, I am a very panicy person and very scared. I hate this constantly always in the back of my mind and dont think theres a day gone by since the doctor said I had gh that I havent worried about it.

maryreader2009

I really understand what you're going through right now and went through similar emotions when I started developing symptoms, I had no idea what was going on, I did not know exactly what was going on at the time. My symptoms resembled your's very much I started with symptoms in my buttocks primarily, then progressed towards my by back area then after awhile my genitals. I've been diagnosed now for a while and I've been told that genital Herpes can show symptoms around your butt area not just your genitals, So If I were you I would try to calm myself first & foremost I know it's very difficult but it will help you grasp better the situation of what's going on. I would go see a physician immediately and request an antibody blood test for the Herpes virus complete panel and a culture on any lesions you may have on the affected area. This should definitely confirm your diagnosis sometimes if the body is not showing symptoms at the moment and the virus may be dormant it won't show positive in some blood test you need to request for a complete panel the test that checks for all herpes viruses which are many but the most common ones are HSV1 and HSV2. Wish you lots of luck and I'm sure you will be O.K It's hard at first but you will find a way to cope. GOOD LUCK!!

ScaryJimmy
thanks for replying. I have just noticed the blisters are only on one side of my butt cheek, so perhaps or could be shingles this time? I would like to add though that inside my chest is burning - do you have this with gh at all?

Thanks, I am a very panicy person and very scared. I hate this constantly always in the back of my mind and dont think theres a day gone by since the doctor said I had gh that I havent worried about it.

If it was a recurrent outbreak the blisters would only be on one side so that doesn't help you much. I think what's more compelling is that you have been in a 20 year relationship, and your husband doesn't have any symptoms. Burning chest? I would bet anxiety.

Doctors are notoriously bad at diagnosing herpes (of course, better than people on message boards). But, I absolutely know that cortisone cream can cause irritation, a rash and (probably) blisters.

Given that you are an anxious person, I would bet that you slather on the cream compulsively. At least that's what I would do. And then the rash brought on by the cream would make me even more scared.

At worst, you have what you think you have. But, who knows? There is definitely a chance of an incorrect diagnosis here (blood tests being more reliable than a doctor's exam).

As mentioned, you really need to get to a doctor and figure out what's going on. It could be HSV-2, HSV-1 or nothing.

ScaryJimmy

Oh yeah. The two most important points. You are not going to spread it by applying hydrocortisone cream. Your husband already knows the worst case scenario and accepts it.

Hopefully, you can relax a bit until you can get to a doctor.

jones

Thanks ever so much. I will have to go to the docs I think, as I cant stand this anymore.

I think perhaps your right, perhaps my chest burning is due to stress. (i honestly thought I was gonna die last night, with the chest pain.)