Is this my punishment????

\

Because sex is involved with GHSV you could call it a punishment but the others? Cancer? No, there's a life force of some kind but its hard to see a loving God creating humanity with all its terrible afflictions.

If you believe there could be punishments for sex, that implies you believe sex is evil.

Sorry, I don't subscribe to that theory. I happen to believe that sexual pleasure is a gift given to us (by God, the Universe, Mother Nature...whatever you wish to believe).

Let us consider this a bit further. The same virus which can cause genital herpes can also cause herpetic Whitlow. Infection in this location (the fingers) used to be most common among dentists, because they put their fingers inside the mouths of humans, where oral herpes was often to be found.

For what were these dentists being, theoretically, "punished?" For helping people in pain with dental problems?

How about this: For not having sufficient knowledge of the spread of viruses (in the past) to realize that it would be wise to wear gloves?

As our knowledge of virology has increased, we have gained that understanding. Now dentists do wear gloves while practicing, so the risk of them contracting herpetic Whitlow has been mostly nullified.

Herpes simplex --- Not a punishment; simply a part of the circle of life on planet Earth.

• 2 months later...
accelerate the response

I agree entirely. Herpes is a virus. It ruins peoples lives. If there was a loving God then this and much worse evils would not happen, but they do, every day. Either: God does not care or there is no God - we are basically just an assembly of proteins evolving on our little rock surrounded by gas in an infinite universe. You are born, you live, you get sick, you either recover or stay sick and ultimately, you die and are forgotten. There is no God keeping score and dishing out punishment like a divine Taliban monitoring your personal morals. You live, suffer and die. End of story. Every little step away from suffering came by human hand - just remember, "Cancer does not stop working on a Sunday"! (And nor does Herpes either - remember -always disclose and so stay quarantined from the lucky uninfected - we are a health risk).

Those posting here that are not christian will never understand about God or Jesus until you put your faith in him and the Holy Spirit reveals Gods truths. I see there are many here that say they are christian but are maybe one in a religious since but not in true since. Lifes diversities and troubles should be strengthening your faith not making you doubt it. These are the times you trust in God, when he shows you that you are not alone, and that you can't do it without him. People will let you down, things will let you down and not bring you happiness or contentment for more than a brief moment. But when you truely trust in Jesus the world can fall apart around you, your health can fail, you can be facing your worst fears, and you will still live a life of joy and peace.

Hey yall, this is not punishment, its simple human error . How could I or anyone be punished for wanting love and wanting to be loved. It is my blessings and it gave me what not having herps couldn't or didn't. Give it time let the body and mind heal. Then pursue you dreams and your hearts desire. If you fall off that horse get back on the next. Sincerely. Ace :)

Alwysfaithful26

I feel for me its my punishment. I cheated on my boyfriend although i had it yrs before and never knew i feel that from being a former drug addict and now cheat on the man i am so in love with i seriously am being punished. My boyfriend told me this is karma and i believe him, although i tell him its cruel to say and he was told by our therapist as well i believe him. i feel i was such an evil witch to the man of my dreams and back then wtih drugs i am getting mine and deserve this. deserve to feel the pain and suffering and the depression and the regret and the shame. i am trying to stay faithful i am just dont know how to. on my brief moments of staying positive i wonder is it denial. I just found out a few days ago

I don't see anywhere in the New Testament where Jesus punishes anyone. It's about love, forgiveness, grace, peace. Jesus calls us to repentance. His gift is free, all you have to do is accept it. There's no punishment involved. Until his return we will not have dominion over the earth, of people, or the creatures of this planet (including viruses). It is all a part of Adams original sin that made us fall out of Gods grace.

When Jesus was asked what was the greatest commandment his reply was to Love thy God with all your heart, mind, and soul, and treat others as you want to be treated. If you do this all else will fall into place. Sounds pretty simple huh? But it's a lot harder to actually live. We all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. As soon as we ask forgiveness Jesus has already washed it away. But we mull over and over things and have a hard time forgiving ourselves. Once you learn to forgive yourself and see yourself the was Jesus sees you your life will change.

If you want an eye opener read Job. He was a man devout to God. Did all things according to the Law and even more. Satan petitioned God saying that if he didn't bless him so much he would not be so devout. So God let satan do whatever he wanted except to harm Job. So satan destroyed his crops, killed his servants, and killed all of his children. Job still kept his faith and worshipped God. So satan petitioned God again and said Job would surely curse him if his health failed. So God let satan harm but not kill Job. Job was a wealthy man. Now his children were dead, his land taken by invasions, his servants taken, his sheep and camels taken, and he was covered head to toe with sores. Job's faith never did waver. He asked God to let him die but never lost his faith in God. He was thankful for Gods blessings and said what God gives he can take away. Even when Jobs friends showed up and councelled him that he must have sinned and angered God. But Job didn't. He was faithful through it all. Eventually God restored Jobs health, wealth, and even more children than he had before.

God is not punishing you and satan is not that interested in you if you are being busy with the things of this world. Money, sex, things. It's when you turn away from chasing these things and when they are no longer your "idols" and you turn to God that he starts concentrating on you. When these events happen to you it should build your faith. It's sorta like a "tempering" of your soul and your faith and then after enduring it Gods blessings will be bestowed on you either here or in heaven.

If herpes were a punishment for sexual "misbehavior," then why would virgins get it on their wedding night from their newly-wedded spouses? :dong:

Come on, folks. Try to see this in perspective. Herpes is a simple virus that humans get. That is all it is.

Other animals, and even plants, get viruses. I've never been able to figure out what a tulip might have done "wrong" to deserve such bad karma.

:hmmmm2:

If you believe there could be punishments for sex, that implies you believe sex is evil.

Sorry, I don't subscribe to that theory. I happen to believe that sexual pleasure is a gift given to us (by God, the Universe, Mother Nature...whatever you wish to believe).

Let us consider this a bit further. The same virus which can cause genital herpes can also cause herpetic Whitlow. Infection in this location (the fingers) used to be most common among dentists, because they put their fingers inside the mouths of humans, where oral herpes was often to be found.

For what were these dentists being, theoretically, "punished?" For helping people in pain with dental problems?

How about this: For not having sufficient knowledge of the spread of viruses (in the past) to realize that it would be wise to wear gloves?

As our knowledge of virology has increased, we have gained that understanding. Now dentists do wear gloves while practicing, so the risk of them contracting herpetic Whitlow has been mostly nullified.

Herpes simplex --- Not a punishment; simply a part of the circle of life on planet Earth.

Responded to the wrong post

I agree entirely. Herpes is a virus. It ruins peoples lives. If there was a loving God then this and much worse evils would not happen, but they do, every day. Either: God does not care or there is no God - we are basically just an assembly of proteins evolving on our little rock surrounded by gas in an infinite universe. You are born, you live, you get sick, you either recover or stay sick and ultimately, you die and are forgotten. There is no God keeping score and dishing out punishment like a divine Taliban monitoring your personal morals. You live, suffer and die. End of story. Every little step away from suffering came by human hand - just remember, "Cancer does not stop working on a Sunday"! (And nor does Herpes either - remember -always disclose and so stay quarantined from the lucky uninfected - we are a health risk).

I agree! Btw TheAmazingAthiest has some great videos on youtube so do a few others.

If herpes were a punishment for sexual "misbehavior," then why would virgins get it on their wedding night from their newly-wedded spouses? :dong:

Come on, folks. Try to see this in perspective. Herpes is a simple virus that humans get. That is all it is.

Other animals, and even plants, get viruses. I've never been able to figure out what a tulip might have done "wrong" to deserve such bad karma.

:hmmmm2:

Hey RealisticGal, I agree i didnt get it til 4 months later.. Sorry bad joke. But I do agree with everything you have said. It is just a virus , not a nasty disease. I have lived a GREAT life with my GH2 as many here have. Cheer up people , she is right. Btw, I love the tulips they are of the most beautiful flowers.. Thank you Gal for your reasoning. Hugs , Ace :)