World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Sounhappy2011

Hi everyone

Sounhappy2011

Hi everyone,

I have been diagnosed for more than a year. I was coping well with my son's father who gave it to me but never said anything until we broke up. I met someone very special but I told them up front especially when they started asking to be in a relationship and having kids. The person was calm and tried to look on the brighter side of things with me but I know deep down inside he is not gonna want to be with someone who is infected with an STD and put themselve at risk of contracting it. I am truly devastated. I cry everyday because I can't cope with this. I finally find someone who would take care of me and love me the way I should be be and I can't have the relationship. I am so sad and I just want to stay indoors and cry.

Can anyone help me? Why me, why?

chatnoir

Why you? Because HSV doesn't discriminate; anyone can get it. You would be surprised to know how common it is. Yes, it sucks. But YOU ARE GOING TO BE O.K. You might want to have your new "someone special" come on this site and read about HSV. There are several of us who have HSV-free partners and are doing just fine. There are multitudes who have HSV and have found wonderful partners to share their lives with. Herpes isn't a death sentence, nor is it the end of a happy life. You will learn to be more cautious, and will learn that if someone truly loves you they will learn about herpes and love you for who you are.