World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
MarisaLove

i'm only 18 years old.

MarisaLove

an ex boyfriend of mine was the one who had given it to me. i had my first outbreak about a month after he & i had sex. it was horrible. i felt so alone.

this feeling is just horrible. its been about 2 years. i have my ups & downs.

i mean, i just dont know how to have that talk with guys i want to date. i dont want to scare them away.

any suggestions?

Maria93

Hi, I'm 18 too. I got it when I was 17 and actually just turned a8 4 days ago. I know how you feel completely. It is very hard. I think you could explain to them about cold sores and tell them how cold sores is the herpes virus. Then tell him you have cold sores "down there" then tell him to look up some information online because herpes isn't exactly the plague people make it out to be lol and of course tell him all the precautions so he will not get it. Have you tried using sites like positive singles? I'm sure it's easier having the talk with someone who understands. I didn't know I had it until a few months ago and I was already in a relationship. So the guy new I had it but we were together a while before he found out. I did end up giving it to him though. Orally. I have HSV-1 although I have it orally and genitally. But I'm not saying limit yourself to those sites just maybe try it out I just know that's what I would probably do if I was single.

Hachi

I'm 17 here too with it. (Don't let the Moderator title scare you),

I was upset and afraid when I first found out. My parents wanted to comfort me but I did not want one part of it. I went to my good friend, and he helped me out a lot by lending an ear. Having someone being able to listen, is one of the most important aspects of having Herpes..There is also a dedicated "Teen Circle" on the forums which is pretty sweet as-well, and you can read other's stories!

Link: http://www.herpes-coldsores.com/messageforum/forumdisplay.php?73-Teen-Central

And do not be afraid by scaring off guys, look at it as a filter..that if a guy says no because of it, and is intolerant to understand and actually learn about it. Then he wouldn't last long anyways in a serious relationship. You also sound like a very nice girl who deserves the best :proud:

Hope this helps,

-Hachi :yowie: