World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Flicken

Crying - need support bad

Flicken

Hi everyone,

For those of you who don't know me, I'm in my late twenties, and was diagnosed a few years ago with HSV-2. I also have hpv that won't seem to ever go away. I'm a happily married working woman who is married to a man in the military. Life has been so hard this year. My family has had all kinds of problems, a sibling of mine got wrongly evicted from their house, I live in Hawaii and just went through the tsunami (nothing like Japan of course), was in a small car accident, have to pay in to taxes for the first time, my husband is about to deploy, and I found out it might be to a very hazardous area and for longer than he expected. To make matters worse, I had an outbreak start a couple days ago for the first time in a year and a half. And a really bad case of razor burn/folliculitis to top it off. This is all before my husband is deploying. I just really want to enjoy my time with him and ravish him with love, but i can't because I have a painful outbreak. It's finally starting to go away but the process is so slow. I've tried tea tree oil, purell, Valtrex, and it's just going away so slowly.

I'm just so sad and alone and crying right now, and really need support. I'm trying to be strong but this is so hard. My husband is trying to be strong too, but I can tell the news about his deployment is getting to him too. I need a shoulder to cry on; please be my virtual shoulder, fellow herpes sufferers. I don't know what to do.

rubberbanditslover

hey flicken, i just found out a few days ago that i have this even tho i dont even no how i got it [theory public toilets], i dont no how u got it but if u need a shoulder to cry on u can cry on mine so many ppl come to me anyway :), im sorry everythin happened to and the stress in ur life might have triggered the reccurance, so just try and relax, get a nice warm bath put either cold damp teabags on ur eyes, or cucumbers, but make sure u take time to urself and relax and concentrate on bein peaceful and then enjoy ur time u have with ur husband and try and not think about his deployment until that day comes sorry its all i can think of 4 u to do

Margaux

Hi Flicken, I am so sorry that you are feeling terrible physically and also going through such a hard time emotionally. I am happy to talk if that helps. Feel free to PM me or come to the chatroom- the folks there are great. I know you feel especially sad about having an ob at this time when you want to be close to your husband. Intimacy exists in more ways than one though and with the obvious love you have for one another, I am sure you will both be able to express that love to one another very well before his deployment. Please thank him for his service for me. XO Keep us updated on how you are doing. ~margaux

Flicken

Thank you both for the support! I really appreciate your comments. Rubberband, thank you for the advice. A warm bath sounds great. Margaux, thank you for your comment about emotions; it's true that there other ways to be intimate, and the main thing is that we both are expressing love towards each other. The outbreak seems to be doing much better today; I think the Valtrex and immune system is finally kicking in. Fingers crossed that the oubreak will be gone within the next couple days. Thanks again! I am starting to feel better.

Margaux

My fingers are indeed crossed for you! Keep healing. I'm glad you are sounding a little better! XO margaux

PoisonInMyVeins

Flicken,

Good luck with everything. It always seems like outbreaks happen at the worst time. In your case I think yours might be because of stress. I just recently(within 4 months) started taking Valtrex which seems to help me with shortening the outbreaks but not really preventing them. Im also military so I know how stressful an upcoming deployment can be. I actually just got to K-Bay last week. Do you know of any good support groups out here? I used to be stationed over in D.C. which had a great support group. Anyway, I hope everything works out for the best. Good luck!

IWillRise

I know your original post was a bit ago, but just throwing in my two cents because I read you weren't having any luck with relief from tea tree oil, purell, valtrex. For me the one thing I've found thats been my savior is: witch hazel. I posted about it before when I saw how much it helped me during my 2nd OB about 3 yrs ago. I had other people tell me it helped them as well. Witch hazel is a natural astringent so it helps dry out any outbreaks which helps heal them. Also, witch hazel helps relieve that discomfort and itch. On island you can find witch hazel at like longs and probably safeway, or foodland. I'd try checking next to the rubbing alcohols or ask; a lot of people use it for their face so don't worry no one is going to assume why you want it (first time I bought it I was convinced everyone knew I had herpes...silly). Its a liquid so just use toilet paper or a cotton ball and apply it. hope it helps and I hope you're in a better place now.