World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sol

Vitaherpavac- Russian Vaccine?

Sol

Hi! has anyone heard about this? It came up on another forum..Anyone here from Russia

Herpovax and Vitaherpavac herpes simplex

vaccines developed in Russia are discussed in the article. Positive clinical results achieved allow to recommend Vitaherpavac vaccine as a treatment of herpes simplex infections of differe

dinki

what i found.

Barkhaleva OA, Ladyzhenskaia IP, Vorob'eva MS, Shalunova NV, Podcherniaeva RIa, Mikhaĭlova GR, Khorosheva TV, Barinskiĭ IF

[Vitaherpavac is the first Russian herpes simplex virus vaccine obtained on the Vero B continuous cell line] [Clinical Trial, English Abstract, Journal Article]

Vopr Virusol 2009 Sep-Oct; 54(5):33-7.

Vitaherpavac, a dry inactivated herpes simplex virus (HSV) culture vaccine, has been obtained, by using the Vero B continuous cell line as a substrate for accumulation of herpes simplex virus types 1 (US strain) and 2 (VN strain). Vitaherpavac and the similar vaccine Herpovax made by the Research Institute of Vaccines and Sera, Saint Petersburg (for which preparation a primary trypsinized chick embryo cell culture used as a substrate for accumulation of HSV types 1 and 2), underwent comparative clinical trials. The tolerability and therapeutic effectiveness of the vaccine were tested in patients diagnosed as having chronic frequently recurring herpes. The trials have yielded positive results that suggest that it is expedient to introduce of the new vaccine Vitaherpavac into practice to treat chronic recurrent herpetic infection of various localizations. Vitaherpavac has been registered in the Russian Federation and permitted for medical application.

I couldn't find anything for herpovax.....but this vitaherpavac makes me want to go to Russia on a vacation.

Then on pubmed this was also listed....i think this sounds far better than popping acyclovir or valtrex pills im hoping the FDA looks into this ASAP.

Vopr Virusol. 2010 Jan-Feb;55(1):35-40.

[inactivated herpes simplex virus types 1 and 2 divaccine as an agent for effective immunoprophylaxis of recurrent genital herpes].

[Article in Russian]

Barinskiĭ IF, Makhmudov FR.

Abstract

Prevention of recurrent genital herpes with the inactivated herpetic divaccine Vitaherpavac against herpes simplex virus types 1 and 2 has a number of advantages over the most commonly used symptomatic therapy: it ceases or significantly reduces the number of recurrences and accordingly prolongs a relapse-free interval, abolishes viremia and the manifestations of clinical symptoms of recurrences, induces no dependence to the vaccine. Coadministration of the Vitaherpavac vaccine and the immunomodulator Giaferon has been shown to have some advantage over vaccination only. The new formulation of the agent as suppositories (per rectum) not only enhances the immunogenicity and protective properties of the vaccine, but also reduces the frequency of its application and makes more convenient for patients to use.

PMID: 20364670 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Sol

Lets dig deeper

I am sure there is some way to find out it its available.. anyone know a Russian Clinic? or a Dermatologist in Russia or a Russian medical student in the US?

this is my first outbreak - HSV1. There are tons of sites selling "products" anyone comprehensive clinic outside the US who has a 'holistic" approach? i woudl loev to find out how they treat this in Japan, China or India

dinki

can the FDA @ least approve its use in the States like it has been approved in Russia...from what i have read it is pretty effective!

Sol

An off to Moscow end of the month will let you know. its not that expensive..consultation is $150, vaccine costs $125 ($25 * 5) am planning to get one shot there and will carry the rest back home with me. If i stay there it will take 12 days for the course. Anyway, meeting the docs there will see what happens.

Also came across a skinner vaccine, a bulgarian one and Lupidon. Lupiodon seems too complicated. Looking for info on SKinner and the Bulgarian one.

helpiamconfused2
An off to Moscow end of the month will let you know. its not that expensive..consultation is $150, vaccine costs $125 ($25 * 5) am planning to get one shot there and will carry the rest back home with me. If i stay there it will take 12 days for the course. Anyway, meeting the docs there will see what happens.

Also came across a skinner vaccine, a bulgarian one and Lupidon. Lupiodon seems too complicated. Looking for info on SKinner and the Bulgarian one.

If you indeed go to Russia, let us know how it goes. Also, find out if possible to have shipped here... without having to go there.

Sol

I mentioned my experience in Russia in the other thread.. their approach to do an immunogram first seems consistent with the US practice when doctors recommend the only FDA approved shingles vaccine - funny no one mentioned an immunogram to be in the US....

Also people... not only did it take 10 years for one of the herpes treatments - Zigran for occular herpes to get approval to be sold in the US, but the current only FDA approved vaccine for any of the herpes family- shingles only has a 55% success

Shingles Vaccine May Reduce Risk Of Shingles Outbreaks By 55%.

The Los Angeles Times (1/12, Maugh) reports that a study published Jan. 12 in the Journal of the American Medical Association involving "more than 300,000 elderly patients showed that the underutilized herpes zoster vaccine reduced the incidence of painful shingles outbreaks by 55%, even in the oldest populations." Shingles, "a painful rash brought on by the varicella zoster virus," may precipitate painful post-herpetic neuralgia and may also "cause vision loss if it spreads to the eyes." There is no cure for the condition, which is precipitated by the same virus that causes chickenpox.

USA Today (1/12, Lloyd) reports, "Everyone over 60 should be vaccinated against shingles, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends." The study, which was co-written by researchers from the CDC and Kaiser Permanente, pointed out that "nearly one out of three people in the USA will develop shingles, a painful and potentially serious condition also known as herpes zoster." Despite that fact, "only 10% of those 60 and older -- the group most at risk for shingles -- got the vaccine (Zostavax) in 2009." USA Today explains that some insurance and Medicare plans do not cover the cost of the vaccine, which ranges in price from $150 to $300. This might be one reason why the vaccine is underutilized.

Bloomberg News (1/12, Ostrow) reports that after comparing "75,761 members of Kaiser Permanente who received Zostavax with 227,283 unvaccinated members," researchers "found that one episode of shingles would be averted for every 71 people who receive the vaccine." Based on the study's findings and the fact that the incidence of shingles will increase as baby boomers age, family-practice physician Juanita Watts, of Kaiser Permanente's office in Glendale, CA, "said anyone 60 and older, including people who've had shingles before, can get the vaccine as long as they don't suffer from an illness that affects their immune system."

sailryan

@ sol

Sol, I am leaving for Italy and Russia in a month on an unrelated work trip... I was just diagnosed with HSV 1... yesterday =(

Where did you find the resources to set it up in Russia?

From what you have read is it a cure, or does it prevent outbreaks and the ability to infect others?

I do not get visible outbreaks, just had a blood test... but I am obvious concerned about infecting a partner.

Sol

You can email Dr karina vardanian at - kvardanian@emcmos.ru

she should be in s good position to advise you. Also i am assuming you have genital HSV 1?

i have both HSV1 and HSV2, so in my case it made sense. The doc fees At EMC are 150 euro and the medicines costs 80 Euro or so. Just check and see which clinic she is at that day- I can't give medical advise, but can share my experience.

Also, you will need a nurse/ doc to to administer the vaccine to you if you carry it back- its as easy as an insulin injection, but has to be done inter-dermally. Its is a dry type vaccine and has to be mixed with medical (distilled) water before administration to make it a liquid. Just visit the Vitapharma web site and download the doc - you can use Google translate to convert it to English.

The vaccination program lasts 5 weeks - one per week and you should be on 500 mg valtrex 5 days prior and during the course. EMC is a modern clinic and the docs came across as very competent. No one spoke english at the russian herpes clinic- www.herpesclinic.ru

You will need a coldpack to carry the vaccine pack back which is available at most pharmacies.

Best of luck

Sol, I am leaving for Italy and Russia in a month on an unrelated work trip... I was just diagnosed with HSV 1... yesterday =(

Where did you find the resources to set it up in Russia?

From what you have read is it a cure, or does it prevent outbreaks and the ability to infect others?

I do not get visible outbreaks, just had a blood test... but I am obvious concerned about infecting a partner.

sailryan

I understand on the medical advice part, just sorting thru all the stuff on my own is not working.

I will email her - thanks!

Yes, the docs assume it is genital since I came in contact with an HSV 1 genital female partner, however the blood tests cannot show whether it was oral or genital, just that i am positive.

From what you understand about the treatment, if it works does it prevent passing it on to a partner, or just help/slowdown outbreaks? Did they explain best case and worst case scenarios?

Sol

an update Before the course, my igG was 5, after the vaccination is is now 16.4 where anything above 1.1 is Positive.

I have never come across a 16.4 score for IgG so i guess this vaccination has increased the antoi body count in my body and my ability to fight it. My IgM was at 0.5 and o.6 at the same time where anytime anything below 0.9 is negative

Jay9876

How often did you get outbreaks prior to the vaccination and have you had any outbreaks since receiving the vaccination?

peterrogers8888

woah Sol thats a huge anti body increase. That sounds like that could really help alot of us who have constant outbreaks. I really going to investigate how/if I can somehow manage to get it here or maybe even in mexico or canada.

non stop guy

hello i have had almost non stop outbreaks inside my mouth for over a yr.theres times were my whole jaw aches along with the sores in my mouth.ive tried all 3 antivirals.which i think are kind of a joke.i am very interested in vitaherpavac and the other russian drug panavir.it just blows my mind that other countrys have far better drugs for this nasty crap.then we have here in the usa.im also very surprised there isnt more interest in this drug.ive been lurking on here for about a yr.and see many people that have very frequent o.b but this thread only pops up once in a while.i gotta think this stuff can be gotten some were closer than the ussr.but i myself would go to hell in a gasoline suit.to get a break from this nightmare.if it means selling a vehicle to go to the ussr so be it

HT75

have you got yourself checked for mouth ulcer or vitamin C defeciency because herpes normally does not come inside mouth and it will not be continuous.

Here I see some of the people are misdiagnosed and scaring others with their symptoms. I have worked and reserched extensively on Herpes , so it will be appreciated if you guys do not write things to scare people or in a way. Supports starts with taking things positively. Thank you.

non stop guy

I think what you ment to say is herpes doesn't accure in the mouth.well ya it does.I've had it for a yr non stop.I'm guessing my know how of this virus is up there with any non medical person.I was miss imformed in the begining."doesn't accure in the mouth"kissed my girlfriend who got it in her mouth.who inturn smooched her young sons.who now have it in there mouth.just looking for an end to the madness.hoping I can get my hands on one of the russian drugs.seems like my only hope!!!!

Toro

Non Stop Guy

Did you investigate this Russian vaccine? I may help you out since I know little Russian?

Hopefull2011

Any news or updates on this vaccine Please post if you have anything that would help. Thanks.

non stop guy

My new plan is to try and purchase panavir supposatories on line.I will post if I get them/results.

Happyhopeful

panavir....

yeah I went to that website the other day. it was in Russian of course lol.But when it translated there seemed to be a slew of pharmacies that offer that drug. They advertised the gel, the IV form, and the suppositories that were mentioned in the earlier thread. I just couldn't find out if one is able to order it online/or if not living in Russia. Let me know as well.

Tin Foil Hat Abbey

Russian Supposatories?!

Does anyone have any actual information of this drug Panavir going through actual human clinical trials (w/ results) and not anything based on word-of-mouth forum-to-forum anecdotal evidence?

There isn't any information that I can see and I've already have seen what 'it could' do here... http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=16550734

But nothing is concrete on the evidence 'after' the so-called clinical trials. I'm careful to judge this drug as homeopathic BS too quickly, but the evidence is simply not there nor can I find it on google. I'd think there would have been papers published on the 'effectiveness' of the drug if it truly did worked? However, you can buy it in Russian clinics and they tout that Western medicine is against it due to regulations and other stuff like that. Little Red Flags are Raised! My advice to you guys, be careful.

Happyhopeful

Hey there. There is information about the drug itself on another thread on this site...I think its under "prescription drugs not available in the US". I haven't done too much digging yet but there are quite a US papers on its effect for treating HIV via its interferon induction abilities. And seemed to be safe/well tolerated based on those papers. I don't sense that it is a cure...I think its more of a treatment/ possible suppression drug that perhaps builds up overall multi-viral suppression over time when you use it..not just hsv.