World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
rubberbanditslover

hey

rubberbanditslover

:confused: hey im laura, im 17, and 5 days ago i was in hospital for a few days and 4 days ago i found out i had herpes, they think i got it orally, however, me and my boyfriend have been together 4 8 months and weve never had coldsores wile bein together weve never cheated on each other and we havnt been intimate 4 a wile because i got the implant in last year and have been on my period 4 the past 6 weeks on and off so it wuz over 2/3 weeks ago we had sex and b4 then ages ago,

i have no idea how i got this but another theory is; public toilets :[ but im glad ive found this site to help me and others, ive researched and researched today and im feelin a little better, but my boyfriend is worryin me, he wants to stay with me but we wont no 4 a few days if he has it cuz he doesnt have any symptoms im just scared 4 the future now if he doesnt have it help :/

MissHope

Hi Laura and welcome.... you have come to the right place for information and education. The fact sheets there are on the right are a great way to wrap your head around how this virus works.

I know that it's baffling in the beginning trying to work out how you got the virus but some of us may never know, since herpes really is a bit sneaky and it doesn't play by the rules.

Have a read of this fact sheet (taken from the right there) that explains that it cannot be caught from toilet seats, towels etc. It may help to make things a bit clearer for you.....

http://www.herpes-coldsores.com/herpes_prevention_tips.htm

toniragone

hello. all new to me, but need verification on test results. what does "intermittent positive" mean?