Jump to content
World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
stuckforlife

Is it herpes or could it be trauma from intercourse?

Recommended Posts

stuckforlife

I am a 22 year old female. Recently I had a major lapse in judgment and I fear I may have something.

One week ago I slept with my best guy friend (who I've known my whole life, our families are close friends and neighbors). He has herpes and I've known about it for a few years. He has only had two outbreaks in three years, and does not take anti-viral drugs. His last outbreak occurred two years ago. The day before I slept with him I saw my gyno for a pap and full STD screening. I got the results back Friday and I tested negative for everything prior to the sexual activity. I had intercourse with him a total of three times last week (3/11, 3/12, 3/13). We used condoms every time. Also, I didn't touch his genitals and we didn't have oral sex. My gyno told me my chances of contracting the virus were very slim under the conditions and that it should not be a factor in my choice to engage in that sort of activity with him.

Then I slept with his roommate (reasons not relevant, but it wasn't like you would think). It was stupid considering I didn't know his roommate that well, while also being my ****tiest moment (sleeping with two guys within the same week). I had become pretty good friends with him and told him that I had slept with my best guy friend and that we were careful (his roommate already knew about the herpes). After a few too many, Thursday (3/17) I had intercourse and oral with the roommate...twice. We did not use protection and he came inside of me every time. The roommate and I are now dating exclusively and I had sex with him again on 3/19. We did not use protection and he came inside of me three times that night.

Now, I'm thinking something isn't quite right. I have been sore since the last time we had sex (which was for over four hours straight). Up until today I thought I was only sore because I had a lot of sex, but since I have never been sore for this long after sex before, I decided to look at it. Sadly enough I have never looked at my own vagina in a mirror before now. I'm freaking out because the opening of my vagina looks like it is covered in uneven skin. Kind of like growths, but I don't think they are warts because they are smooth like the skin in your mouth. Some of them are a little red but they kind of look like skin tags rather than blisters. It's like the inside of my vagina is falling out, "collapsing" so to speak. I have a lot of swelling also, which my gyno believes is from the intense sex. It didn't bother me to urinate until I messed with them trying to pull/pinch to see them better. I have nails so I could have scratched myself doing this. Right after looking I peed and it hurt so bad I had to let it out in spurts. Then, about 6 hours later I peed again and it didn't really hurt, it just felt like I had rough sex. Now though (a day later) it hurts like it did after I messed with them. My whole vagina is really red and kind of raw looking. I am also experiencing some unusual discharge. It looks pinkish yellow, sometimes just yellow, and I can contract (do a kegel) to push a good bit out. It has a mild odor, not fishy or strong, but different from normal. The area at the creases between my legs and butt cheeks were achy briefly( only for maybe an hour) like you would experience right before or on your period. I had a mild headache for a short while today also, but that could be due to stress. No fever. I currently feel perfectly normal as far as flu-like symptoms go. I should also state that I do have an IUD (Mirena) which I have had since late September 2010.

Today I got tested but I don't get the results for a few days and it's driving me crazy right now which leads me to post this question. My gyno said she was 70% chance it's herpes, and 30% chance it's just trauma from lots of sex. Can trauma really cause irritation that looks similar to herpes but isn't herpes? Could I just ironically show symptoms of something right after sex? I'm so unsure as to what is going on, but I am scared to death!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RealisticGal

The waiting for results is pretty hard, but there is simply no way around it. :(

So, a few questions...

What kind of tests were done previous to sleeping with your friend who has herpes?

Do you know for sure that herpes simplex was included?

Do you have a printout of the results?

What type of herpes test did your gyno just do?

Was it a swab/culture of the area?

Blood test?

Both?

Do you know if the man you are now involved with (roommate) has been screened for all STIs?

:wavey:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

  • The Hive is Thriving!

    • Total Topics
      67,703
    • Total Posts
      450,972
  • Posts

    • Atrapasueños
      remember that the hsv is a virus in such a way that a virus that lives in our neurons and evades the immune system is not good for the human body and less for the neurons or the brain, what the hsv has is that it does not let die the neuronal cell but if the other epithelial cells where it multiplies and explodes
    • Atrapasueños
      Claro que puedes contagiar otra parte de tu cuerpo, es más difícil cuando tienes tus anticuerpos pero de que se puede eso no lo dudes yo tengo ohsv-1 y ghsv-1 y fue por que yo mismo me lo pasé de mi boca a mis genitales al tocar mi cara y después mis. Genitales ______________________ Of course you can infect another part of your body, it is more difficult when you have your antibodies but you can not doubt that I have ohsv-1 and ghsv-1 and it was because I passed it from my mouth to my genitals by touching my face and then my. Genitals do not pay attention to wilsonaus I only recommend that
    • Atrapasueños
      this is the article I leave the link and what I read are seeing how crispr is safer and avoid mutations says that companies that work with crispr should be more cautious https://www.nature.com/articles/nbt.4192 ___________________ este es el artículo te dejo el link y a lo que leí están viendo la manera de que crispr sea más seguro y evitar las mutaciones dice que las compañías que trabajan con crispr deben de ser más cautelosas
    • Atrapasueños
      No se porque la palabra se desmorona te impacto tanto si lo publique fue porque meses atrás salieron 2 publicaciones sobre crispr que generaban mutaciones inesperadas y las 3 principales compañías Dueñas de las patentes sus acciones cayeron pero se volvieron a recuperar también salió otra publicación donde se mencionaba que podríamos tener anticuerpos contra crispr y las acciones volvieron a caer, ahora sale este nuevo artículo y las acciones si revisas volvieron a caer  Yo no soy científico creo que la mayoría de esta comunidad tampoco lo es y no sabemos hasta que grado de éxito puede tener crispr tanto puede tener éxito para unas enfermedades y en otras puede ser algo difícil  Mi publicación fue para informar y saber sus opiniones no para que lo tomarán personal aveces se ven este tipo de publicaciones sobre crispr y alguien quiere saber que piensan que puede suceder para tener esa confianza intacta y no llegar a la desesperanza y para terminar la última oración que aparece abajo yo no la escribí es de un artículo sobre crispr y por eso coloque el enlace  Artículo ______________________ @Cas9  I do not know why the word falls apart will impact you so much if you publish it was because months ago there were 2 publications about crispr that generated unexpected mutations and the 3 main companies owners of the patents, their actions fell but they recovered again, another publication appeared mentioning that we could have antibodies against crispr and the actions fell again, now this new article comes out and the actions if you review fell again I am not a scientist I think that most of this community is not and we do not know until how much success Crisp can have so much can be successful for some diseases and in others it can be difficult My publication was to inform and know their opinions not so that they will take personal sometimes see these types of publications about crispr and someone wants to know what they think can happen to have that confidence intact and not to reach despair and to finish the last sentence that appears below I did not write it is from an article on crispr and that's why I put the link Article Again, once again, the remedy is worse than the disease. The CRISPR hooligans will deny it, and will try to continue forward with clinical trials
    • Quest
      Superb news! I thought you were long gone, thanks for coming back in!!!! Happy dancing with you! This is a pretty complete list at the bottom of one of your articles https://justherpes.com/herpesremedies/natural-herpes-remedies-list-home-cures/  
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.